Keystone Monthly Ride September 14th (Guided Green Trail Ride) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like I will not be able to make it, have fun you all

Be there 845

A couple shots from today

1E4B27A1-7371-4088-A219-48C53A25C62F.jpeg

B389A7C0-EA21-457C-8D50-FA6C2B4B91CB.jpeg

6C83EF5D-0295-49DB-8AD5-DFE0C06B2527.jpeg

AC90A689-6F96-430B-82B4-368D3F727753.jpeg

3D066043-2920-40F0-A3EA-5C00FAB44A23.jpeg

Had a blast today guys! I'll post up my pics too. I have Videos if anyone is interested.

Here is a shot of the trails that we took today. Thanks for leading the way Avi
Screenshot_20190914-215158_Maps.jpg

@YotaFun.

Pucker factor: 10
Grandes Cojones!
20190914_132434.jpg
20190914_132147.jpg

Actually didn't take a single pic yesterday, but got a hero shot of Avi and a poser shot me from my friend Mark that was with me.

201909149513221595HDR1[1].jpg
201909149513240695HDR1[1].jpg
20190914951320281[1].jpg

201909149514565295HDR1[1].jpg

Now that I have gotten some rest and drank several caffeinated beverages to wake myself up from that coma I will try to form coherent words for the write up lol!

It was an awesome and very successful day on the trails. Weather cooperated for the most part till the later half of the day.

I arrived with Rick @RWBeringer4x4 and Andy @jamarquardt22 at around 845ish..
Most the rest of the crew was already there waiting on me to do my little pit-stop maneuver before heading out on the trails. Thank you for the patience!

We had a nice size group of 7 rigs total:
- Myself in my 3rd Gen 4Runner with my buddy Woody
- @RWBeringer4x4 in his 40
- @jamarquardt22 as Rick's Passenger
- @VBRoamer in his LX
- @westwardCruiser as Vince's Passenger with his Daugter
- @TheMU in his VX
- @Cass007 in his 80 with his buddy
- @Rmtofast1 in his 4th gen with his buddy and buddy's son
- @caz in his Tacoma with his son

Looking around, there were not to many other wheelers out for the day, maybe two or three smaller jeep groups we ended up not running into anyone else which was nice.

A brief casual driver meeting and introductions and then I lead us out through the comp course to hand out on the east side of the property. The convoy switched positions a few times so it was hard to keep track. Andy @caz brought up the tail end to make sure we all were okay, thank you! The group traveled down A to B then to 1A. On 1A there is a smal black loop Andy @caz and myself ran fairly quickly. From here we continued to P to Pole Line up to Tower Road and then down E where thankfully the gate was open, through to B then C to the Entrance of our first goal trail of the day, Topless for Tatas.

Topless for Tatas was a great trail. All vehicles in the group are more then capable of handling a blue trail of this caliper and everyone did great. I stopped us for a break to talk to the drivers, At some point Rick and Andy @jamarquardt22 had switched and Andy was driving, it took me about 30 seconds to realize they had even switched (I wasn't tired at all....) I believe Andy's @caz son got some wheel time as well! Tatas took majority of the morning and right around the end we decided to take a lunch and hang out a bit.

After lunch we had a quick meeting to decided our next course and moved out. The group headed up O back to C, up to B to Tower Road, then sort of down J.... Andy @jamarquardt22 thought it may be a good idea and I decided sure why not till we got the the entrance. I went in and then stopped the group and grabbed Andy to decide if it would be a good idea for the group. J has become a lot more washed out then I remembered, I new it had been elevated to a blue but wow. After some deliberation and not much convincing, Andy spotted me down as the Guinea Pig to see if it was an option for the rest of the group, and after just scraping by and rubbing my flare and 1/2 ripping off my mudflap, I think the decision was unanimous for the rest of the group and so I waited as the bypass was taken. Front here we continued down J towards 11.

The original plan Andy and I discussed was to go to the far end of 11 and do 23, however I took a wrong turn onto the top side of 11, so the plan quickly changed and we ran 15. Here it started to rain off and on a bit. Also towards the middle of trail 15 Andy @caz called over the radio for a quick stop. The modified shift for his transfer case had failed at the weld and he was stuck in neutral. After a few minutes of fiddling, he was able to get the truck into double low to get the truck out of the trail.

After completing 15, we began to head out for the day, traveling down to H and back up to Tower Road, where we then did Pole Line to C at the request of @Cass007, where everyone but @Rmtofast1 and myself did the black portion to trail C and then out to the comp course. We played for a few more minutes until the sky finally let go calling it for the day. Everyone aired up, I switched tires, said our farewells and headed home.

Again, absolutely phenomenal day regardless of the weather. Great mountain air, great company, great trucks. This is our second 'Green' trail run of the year. I am not sure who initially made the suggestion, I feel these runs our very successful and something to continue to do with the club!

Not 100% sure, but I think everyone but Rick & Andy did the black loop off of 1A. I know the new 4Runner did it and so did I, pretty sure Vince was behind me and Mu behind him with Andy in the rear.

I'm still a bit disappointed that I decided not to try J, I need to get my head around body damage being OK. Already looking forward to next month.

Not 100% sure, but I think everyone but Rick & Andy did the black loop off of 1A. I know the new 4Runner did it and so did I, pretty sure Vince was behind me and Mu behind him with Andy in the rear.

I'm still a bit disappointed that I decided not to try J, I need to get my head around body damage being OK. Already looking forward to next month.
J is still my favorite blue trail. It is best in the winter with a light coating of snow. 😁

Yep I ran it behind avi in the 4th gen, I'm ready for more black trails ! loved it

Sounds about right to me.

Sweet! I wasn't 100% sure either but thinking back that sounds about right.

We will get you on more black trails, don't you worry. Just have to get over the body damage part :p lol

I'll be ready once I get my sliders on and clearance for the 35s. I've done them before but I had a tire with somentrwad back then lol!

Sweet! I wasn't 100% sure either but thinking back that sounds about right.

We will get you on more black trails, don't you worry. Just have to get over the body damage part :p lol

I'll be ready once I get my sliders on and clearance for the 35s. I've done them before but I had a tire with somentrwad back then lol!
Come see me I'll weld them on for you 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom