Keystone Cruisers BESF weekend campout! Oct 10-13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In that case maybe I’ll bring the wife’s CRV to wheel. At least then it won’t be $150 in gas!

i had a front facing rear bench in place for her first 30 months, so we could do the whole rear facing child seat thing. she's not dainty but any means.

20170211_113457.jpg

20180528_110742.jpg

We would love to have you guys join us! Well, most of you guys anyway. There are a few we might give the wrong campsite number to!

We will need a fairly firm headcount by early July. The forest only reserves the primitive sites 90 days in advance and I would like to know a headcount so that we can decide on the location and number of sites needed. I can only reserve one of them so will need a few other folks to provide their info to the forestry service to reserve a site in their name.

According to the rangers, the Forest has been busier than ever this season.

So any word on what sites are going to be reserved? I've got a travel trailer I might drag out, but I'd reserve a separate sight close by as to not take up a lot of room from the group. If I do that, I will be bringing our Durango rather than the 80...

We have a decision to make.

There are smaller primitive sites dispersed throughout the forest. Depending on how many of us come up for the weekend, we could get 2 or 3 of the nearby sites which are usually good for 2-4 vehicles each.

That said, we just stayed at a large group site this past weekend on the last night of the Expo run. It was a great setup with a small covered pavillion, community campsite, and 7 or 8 designated parking area and room for many more. If we got the group site for the weekend we could have up to 10 trucks (the forest service's stated limit) and everyone would have plenty of room.

The group site is a bit further from the town and state park's facilities, but I think folks will like having plenty of space and one setup for the whole weekend.

87C0B909-5FB5-4242-BB91-E373328FCD40.jpeg

Agreed.

Decision made. :p

Just left a message with the forest ranger. Will reserve the group site for Thurs, Fri, Saturday evenings. The site is located just off rt192, halfway b/w the town of Rebersburg and RB Winter State park. The state park has shower facilities and a nice lake/beach and trails.

Now we can move on to planning which bottles of bourbon to bring!

Which site number is that?

Apple whiskey here :D

When do you need a commitment for this. I guess this is first come first serve up to 10 trucks max?

@fireball, does the group site have a number?

Hall Mountain Group Site.

I was waiting to see how the family did with my summer expedition. They passed with flying colors so count me in for this if there is still a spot available.

@fireball is there a spot for me to base camp with the Tundra and ride with someone. I may get the wife to come too but I am unsure at this time.

What is your head count?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom