keyhole hotsprings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought the pools got destroyed in the washout. I know that Meager Creek FSR is still closed indefinitely. Road Information - Squamish - Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations* - Province of British Columbia

The slide is well downstream from keyhole springs. I was there a few weeks after the slide and the pools had been somewhat damaged by floods but were still quite usable. By the way, the Forestry site is lying, probably to discourage looky-loo slide tourists (like me..I took a couple of groups in to see the slide). The road stayed open until blocked by snow so the pumice mines could keep on working.

it's a very steep 20 minute hike down to the springs (much more challenging than sloquet), there are some ropes to assist in some places but the footing is getting more treacherous every year as the trail wears down and at some points it's getting to be a scramble. It's not a place for larger groups (you can fit about 5-6 people in the pools max) and don't even think of trying to take a cooler down the trail...

Last edited:
Jonathan, do you think the road might be reasonably passable in a few weeks. We were considering that area for an easter weekend trip. I was worried they close the gate on the FSR in the winter.
:beer:

Jonathan, do you think the road might be reasonably passable in a few weeks. We were considering that area for an easter weekend trip. I was worried they close the gate on the FSR in the winter.
:beer:

All depends on when the pumice mines decide to plow it to open up. It's a pretty heavy snow year on the coastal mountains so there could be quite a bit of snow up in there still; I'm dubious it's open yet. You could go check it out and if it's still gated then its not too far a diversion to go to skatin/skookumchuck or even sloquet instead. On bc4x4 sloquet was snowed in still on march 6 but Skatin/Skookum is always accessible.

have not been up there this time of year but if the hurley is open it makes it a little more of a maybe.they usually dont clear the snow after the mine closes for the season.snowmoble only type conditions unless it freezes enough, to ride on top .slowtet is easy entry you might even be able to get there through harrison west road??? if your looking for a chalenge try the hike into meager .those springs are untouched.just fill then play,{takes 40 minutes to fill} dont even need a tent.8x8 panabode with a door and wood patio over looking the 20 foot tub complete with tempeture controlled waterfall surrounded by a larger japanese inspired rock patio.oh and the surrounding forest is guaranted to be alpine green lush with moss with fresh snow capped mountains in the mist. sounds like heaven but the hike is hellish...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. As it turns out Jenni knows someone that lives in Pemberton that may be able to give us a snow update closer to the easter weekend. Not sure if we'd do the hike in across the slide path, though it does sound really inviting to have the meager springs to ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom