Key repair— silly question but (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,
my original 2005 key fob on HDJ100 is having some “wobble” issues. I have tried to repeatedly tighten the tiny screw but suspect over 16 years the plastic housing where the metal key inserts has worn. The key is moving in the housing and makes me nervous. About to head off for a few months to Denmark and trying to resolve beforehand. Is there an “easy fix” or do I need to contact Toyota with VIN and get new key and then reprogram? Sorry for the silly question..,my original key from 1980 Fj40 still solid— no plastic…hah
thanks
ed

Www.YotaMD.com buy this before it breaks and will last you years.

If you search Mud for it you will find testimonials

I've been wondering about these. My 1999 lx key is the flat blade type not the pointy end key. Does that mean I have to buy a new key blank and have it cut? Or does the "U" or "i" shape only refer to the other side of the key that's inside the remote. @suprarx7nut

I've been wondering about these. My 1999 lx key is the flat blade type not the pointy end key. Does that mean I have to buy a new key blank and have it cut? Or does the "U" or "i" shape only refer to the other side of the key that's inside the remote. @suprarx7nut

Refers to the part that goes inside the key.

And this *YotaMD* is the only permanent solution to the OEM/Aftermarket 'constantly' breaking/wobbling keys.

YotaMD3.jpg

You're good to reuse your blank no matter what, but if you remove the screw and see metal female threads (brass) you have an ideal key. The non threaded blades *can* be used with special inserts I offer, but I'd advise buying a new blank if you have one of the rare non threaded blades. The threaded blades are much stuffer.

Lexus vs Toyota key makes no difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom