Key programmer (1 Viewer)

Is the key programming "tool" that Toyota and Lexus use the same? I ask because my Lexus service advisor offered to program my new Toyota key if I bring it in...he didn't know if it would work or not. I just don't want to waste both of our time.

Some of you dealership guys (Lexusben, Sincity?) must know the answer...

yes, the scan tool they use is the same. i have seen one in action and it gave the choice to the technician on the main screen as to whether the vehicle was a toyota or a lexus, but that may have just been because the dealership was both toyota and lexus.

ATLcrusher said:
I guess this would be helpful if I wanted to program my own key - I'm not sure I could master the "pedal dance"
As long as you are able to operate the gas/brake pedal for a drive around the block, it looks like you should be able to program your key. :D:beer:

Can somebody clarify for me: are programming the key to work in the ignition and programming the buttons to unlock the vehicle two separate procedures? Or one in the same?

So the pedal dance listed above is just to get the key to start the vehicle, right?

What about programming the buttons?

ATLcrusher said:
So the pedal dance listed above is just to get the key to start the vehicle, right?

What about programming the buttons?

Another pedal dance.

Rugster said:
Another pedal dance.

I think I found it in another thread (involves door lock buttons too, etc.). What a PITA.

My Lexus guy totally hooked me up. No pedal dancing, and in and out of there in 10 minutes. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom