Key fob went through washer / dryer -- now fob buttons don't work. Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,

So I did a dumb thing and ran my key fob through the washer / dryer (2000 LX470). Key fob no longer functions (lock, unlock, panic), but the key itself works and starts the truck.

I've tried taking apart the key, replacing the battery, and cleaning what I could with some 90% alcohol .... but no luck.

For anyone who might know .... is this more likely to be an issue where they key needs to be re-programmed? Or is it toast from running through the wash?

Thank in advance for the help!!

It's probably toast. I ordered a fob through carandtruckremotes.com and just used the shell and key from the master. Was able to program it pretty easily and it's been working great for 6 months. You have to swap the transponder chip though. It's easy to do.

you can buy just the insides/pushbutton electronics of the key Fob, the part # is 89071-60150

So I take it the transponder is functioning....and thus the reason the truck still recognizes the key and allows it to start?

I only got one key when I bought my truck....have been wanting a second key anyway, so I figure I'll get a new oem key for the primary and keep this half working one as the backup.

Lesson learned on running a key through the wash! Ugh.

I bought 2 keys from 1010keys on eBay for my 06 for $50.

The new remotes and immobilizer both work flawlessly and they came cut. I provided my key code and a photo for reference.

Remote range is amazing now too.

I programmed the remote and immobilizer with Techstream. Easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom