Key fob not working on passenger doors. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 1999 100, and the passenger doors are not responding to the key fob.
Im gonna replace the battery tomorrow. If that does t work, any ideas on what the problem could be?
thank you guys

Last edited:
It sure… still under investigation.
Each key has tiny dot shape light When you hit lock and unlock and that dot doesn't light up or lights up but faint that is low battery indicator.
Let's suppose you replace the battery and it still don't work there could be two reasons that is
1. If your key is genuine maybe the circuit board inside it is kaput.
2. If your key is aftermarket maybe the FCC ID is incorrect or If the FCC ID is correct then it might not be programmed.
These are the two things I can think of. Unless there is some other mysterious problem.
Hopes this helps!
P.S check if someone has install remote security or remote start and messed up with factory wiring.

IMG_3450.jpg

Each key has tiny dot shape light When you hit lock and unlock and that dot doesn't light up or lights up but faint that is low battery indicator.
Let's suppose you replace the battery and it still don't work there could be two reasons that is
1. If your key is genuine maybe the circuit board inside it is kaput.
2. If your key is aftermarket maybe the FCC ID is incorrect or If the FCC ID is correct then it might not be programmed.
These are the two things I can think of. Unless there is some other mysterious problem.
Hopes this helps!
P.S check if someone has install remote security or remote start and messed up with factory wiring.
Thank you.
All I know right now is - the key is oem.

do you depress the button twice?
first unlocks drive door
second unlocks the rest

Maybe your passenger door lock actuator died. My driver door actuator is bad, I can use the fob to unlock all doors (except driver) but not lock with fob. When I press the fob lock the doors lock but then immediately unlock. Driver door can be locked/unlocked with key All doors lock and unlock when shifting in and out of Park except driver door.

Maybe try the search function and see if anyone else has ever had a key problem?

The remote stops working when the actuators go bad. When the actuators go bad, it is usually the motors. The actuators themselves are available for close to $200 per door.

You can also replace the motors themselves within the actuators for less than $8 per motor, purchased on Ebay. There are videos on Youtube showing how to do this.

I replace the actuator motors a few months ago. ~25 in parts on amazon. Easy job overall. Front doors are easier than rear doors and after you do all 4, you will be an expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom