Keeper? Or sell? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SoCal 80s. WHAT UP!!!!!!! This is my first post on SoCal 80s. I recently discovered you guys and SCLCs. Here's the big question. I purchased a 91 FJ80 from the original owner last year (OG 91 LC). The truck is solid in and out. I've spent about $3k in one year fixing stuff on it. I just bought a 97 LX 450. This thing is super solid!!!! So........Do I keep the 91 3FE? I have a buyer already willing to purchase on Saturday. I enjoy having a choice of trucks to drive. The 91 has 177k miles. New front and rear brakes. Resealed stearing gear box. All new fluids. And the original owner kept it in awesome condition as have I. I read a post last night about the A440 dying at about 200+K miles and it concerns me a bit. I don't think that's the case. I know it's a slow vehicle, but I dig it! So.................. What do you guys think? Keeper? or Sell?

That's 1 for sell it. H8ers? What do you say?

Keep the '97.

+1. Sell it. You'll love the LX and you'll be able to focus your $$$ on one toy.

Thanks Fellas!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like the 3FE is going tomorrow.

What up Scott! Here are two hints.
IMG_0586.jpg
IMG_0632.jpg

WTF! 31,860 miles :eek::eek: Has that been sitting in storage the last 10 years?

31k?!? wow!

91 will be gone tomorrow. I'm somewhat depressed. LX was owned
by Buddhist monks at a temple in L.A. Only used to get around town.
Crazy, huh?

Buddhist monks in a $70K SUV now that is funny.

That has got to be the nicest find!

91 3FE sold today!!!!!! I'm bumbed because i put in a couple of shiny pennies to make it drive super solid. All the focus is going to the LX. I'm a very fortunate man to have found such a vehicle. I will post more pics. The car is new in and out! AMAZING!!!!! I'm sure I'll ask this question in a future thread, but with a truck with so few miles do I have to do all the baseline maintenance as do others that buy trucks with 150-200K miles?

BTW. I have swapped out all the fluids.

80Baja. It totally does!!!!!!!!!!! The leather is in amazing condition. The carpeting was all covered up with plastic mats and the rear was covered with an office chair rolling thingy that was cut out to the contour of the back. BTW what do you think about the whole baseline thing. Am I safe with rolling my truck just the way it is or do I have to go in there and do other stuff. All hoses are new. PHH? Other stuff I may not know about?

im a jealous man, ive got a 94 gxl crusier and its one owner, full service history, they sold it to get an fl cruiser, thier loss my win :p lol
got mine at 260,000k but they looked after it realy well and its pretty much like new in and out,
they were both doctos and drove it from wirabie to melboren each day, about 35k and that was it.
other than swerving to miss a kangaroo and hitting a tree ;( its as i got it.
i like the lx450 interior but not a fan of all the exteror plastic, to easy to damage.
hope it serves you well, its a show piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom