Keep or by new wheels.. Give me your vote. (1 Viewer)

Keep the wheel or replace with something else....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same truck, different wheels....
33s 001.jpg
springs 003.jpg

Jackbrad,

I'm not dead set against aluminum wheels on cruisers and there are some that enhance the vehicle, in my opinion.

But the wheels in the picture you posted are the all time most butt ugly wheels I ever seen on anything. They're not just ugly, they're weird looking and make me dizzy.

Lupdog said:
I always think that 99% of the time alloy wheels for an older vehicle can look really bad and sometimes cheap-looking unless the rest of the rig is blinged as well - something like how chicks "accesorise" an outfit!

:)

I think they look good. So does the rest of your rig. Not that it is "blinged", but it looks good. And so do those wheels. Just turn those white walls IN.

:flamingo:

aw

Fast Eddy said:
Now that the wheels are almost right (color?), the chrome hinges hurt my eyes. ;)

Jesus!.....picky, picky, picky.:D
I was too cheap to buy the exact paint so I used an implement paint, Ford Tractor Gray, the old version. They are a little light and a little off color, but....
I'm lazy as well as cheap.

The hinges are in fact, SS.

Honk....you still knock me out!!!!!:bounce: :bounce2:

And Ofrd63, the first picture is how she's dressed right now. Blackwalls out and 33x9.50s
I think Jackbrad needs my old alloys.

Ed

I am going to have to suggest that the chrome 3 spoke wheels that you see every once in a while are considerably worse than these ;), but I agree that in this instance stockers look a lot better.

Its not worth swapping them if you dont like them much better though.

Stock steelies also limit your tire selection, but I still like 'em.:)

Ed

Degnol said:
Stock steelies also limit your tire selection, but I still like 'em.:)

Ed

Yea, they look good when your running those little "Training Wheels".:grinpimp:

offrd63 said:
Yea, they look good when your running those little "Training Wheels".:grinpimp:

Don't knock it until you've tried it:)
Even going from 31x10.50s to 33x9.50s it does look a little like a railroad car from either end. IMO, the ride is better, too. JMO, though.

Ed

My 77 came with wheels on it very much like that. I took them off and replaced them with stock wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom