Keep or by new wheels.. Give me your vote. (1 Viewer)

Keep the wheel or replace with something else....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mattison-consulting.com
Here are wheels on my FJ. This is of coarse before I started the restore.

I kinda like them but, others say they are "Ghetto". I can buy new ones but, I don't knwo if they are considered ugly enough to get rid of.

What you think..
3.jpg

who cares what others say, you're driving it. I got ghetto shiz all over my truck. I had a set of 5 org wheels with hubcaps and semi decent tires and I couldnt even get $50 for the set.

if you're doing a full resto, put wheels on the end of the list. what you got will work in the mean time.

mike

I always think that 99% of the time alloy wheels for an older vehicle can look really bad and sometimes cheap-looking unless the rest of the rig is blinged as well - something like how chicks "accesorise" an outfit! Personally, while they aren't too bad, I don't think those ones quite suit your truck, (just IMHO!). If you go stock white hard top then I think they might look worse.

If your after a little bit of bling then I'll also give a vote for the chrome wagon wheels. For stock bling, steelies with hub caps and knobbly, aggressive tyres is also cool in my book.

:)

its anice looking truck why are you worried about what other people think its your truck good luck

I like them, just not on that Cruiser, Go steelies and caps, classic

I don't like them, I have 4 more fitting aluminum wheels I am willing to get rid of pretty cheap if you are interested.

Those wheels hurt my eyes.

Its tough to find the right aluminum rims for a cruiser. Those may look okay on something else I just don't think they fit the cruiser.

I have alcoa rims and still don't the way they look. Some day I will go back to oem. That is a cool looking cruiser. I also like the look of some rims I saw at les schwab, they were black teflon coated, not sure who makes them.

Stock Steel Wheels and Hubcaps!

88090587-M.jpg

:bounce:

I love that rig above. How much do steelies and hub caps cost?
And dont you have to have a tall skinny tire on them?

Ghetto is not a bad thing. Sometimes having a ugly 40 keeps people away:). If you like them keep them. However, if you are looking into some wheels I perfer to get 16 or 17 wheels.

jmode said:
I love that rig above. How much do steelies and hub caps cost?
And dont you have to have a tall skinny tire on them?

Thanks, that's my 40.

I think you can still get the stock steel wheels from Toyota for about $70 each and the caps are $30 or $35. You can run a 10.5 width tire on stock 15 inch rims. I like the skinnies on a 40. Those pictured are 31x10.5. A lot of people run 33x9.5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom