Keep Good Oil Pressure

Ok then I start that tread to help me but want to help other to..

I want to know all the part I need to change or look at to keep a good oil pressure.

Mine keep 5 psi at idle and 30 psi at normal running but this weekend I do a trip in north of Quebec. I do about 800km in a row. About 1600km and more in 3 days. My oil pressure change to 0 at idle and 18 psi at normal temp.

I know my truck Have more then 600 000km, Rebuild 3 time. (2 time Gaz in it. Nobody touch my truck anymore ) But I don't want to change my pump now.

I want to know all the part before the pump. After that if it real the pump that I have to change, I will change it. So what I really want, it's what I need to change and look at for a complet rebuild of the pump and pieces near the pump to bring up a good oil pressure in my Landcruiser BJ40 1979

Ok then I start that tread to help me but want to help other to..

I want to know all the part I need to change or look at to keep a good oil pressure.

Mine keep 5 psi at idle and 30 psi at normal running but this weekend I do a trip in north of Quebec. I do about 800km in a row. About 1600km and more in 3 days. My oil pressure change to 0 at idle and 18 psi at normal temp.

I know my truck Have more then 600 000km, Rebuild 3 time. (2 time Gaz in it. Nobody touch my truck anymore ) But I don't want to change my pump now.

I want to know all the part before the pump. After that if it real the pump that I have to change, I will change it. So what I really want, it's what I need to change and look at for a complet rebuild of the pump and pieces near the pump to bring up a good oil pressure in my Landcruiser BJ40 1979

Oil pump is just two gears that spin in a chamber in the timing case.

Best case - just replace the gears.

Worse case - if clearance is still bad after replacing the gears, replace the whole timing case.

cruisedeisel

Toyota's for life
my oil pressure droped after i put my turbo on, is thatt normal? anybody out there knows anything

Does anybody know a place to buy a gear pump for a B engine ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom