keep driving? .... or bite the bullet? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
found some dried up coolant on the passenger side of the block just under the exhaust manifold of the 6th cylinder. No coolant loss or mayonnaise stuff under the oil refill cap. Not my daily driver. keep driving or take care of the head gasket now? thanks in advance

1994 TLC with about 254,200 miles

CBC63BFD-EDE4-4312-866E-81D7487965C5.jpeg

597DAB7E-820A-49D0-A653-6FC4EF0CABB5.jpeg

Clean off that spot and see what develops. That area is below where there are a lot of heater hoses and junctions for the plumbing for the heaters. Most head gasket failures are coolant leaking into the cylinders not external leaks.

Drive it. It could an externally leaking head gasket, but clean that area well and inspect for a small hairline crack (which also happens with some vehicles).

Drive it. It could an externally leaking head gasket, but clean that area well and inspect for a small hairline crack (which also happens with some vehicles).
thanks.... this is what I suspect. going to religiously watch my coolant level. thanks again

Clean off that spot and see what develops. That area is below where there are a lot of heater hoses and junctions for the plumbing for the heaters. Most head gasket failures are coolant leaking into the cylinders not external leaks.
thanks. now let’s see where it’s coming from

41B74B06-C6C4-488A-86C4-3419F517C2C7.jpeg

my heater valve would leak a little when i adjusted the setting on it,made its way down to a similar point and puddled a little on the transmission flange flat spot where it bolts to the engine on the same side(exhaust side).

Get better clamps. The OEM clamps are cheap. The hose looks like it’s bulging as well. It looks like you have the Four Seasons heater valve. That’s good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom