1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keenan Offroad Fab - Roof Racks & Other

Discussion in 'Exterior - Armor' started by TXLX100, Nov 29, 2017.

1. TXLX100

TXLX100

Hello, I'd like to introduce my new venture. I have been producing simple/durable roof racks, fridge slides, and tent mount solutions in the Fort Worth, Texas area.

Currently, I've built roof racks for GX470, 4th Gen 4Runner's, and soon to come LX470 / 100 series. I build racks that work with the factory side rails, or full replacement racks.

I keep my website updated, but please contact me direct to confirm the order intent, any minor customizations needed, and shipping options.

www.KeenanOffroadFab.com

Thanks!

IMG_1815.jpg IMG_1855.JPG IMG_0893.JPG IMG_1610.JPG IMG_1036.JPG

Hbrandon1987 and White Stripe like this.
  2. KCErnest

KCErnest

That's BS, I'm supposed to be the only Keenan around here. In 37 years I've only met one other one in person. GL with the venture!

TXLX100 likes this.
  3. DickB

DickB

Let me know when you have the LX rack ready, i'm in the area and would be curious to see it.

TXLX100 likes this.
  4. TXLX100

TXLX100

We're many in Texas and South Carolina

5. TXLX100

TXLX100

Will do. I plan to make a 3/4 rack to work with factory side rail & custom aluminum wind deflector for the LX470. Full rack replacement will be custom order for the 100 series (just not enough 100s around to keep any in stock). I have some Gamiviti mounts on hand, let me know if I can help. I can knock out a rack in a day.

6. Dox

Dox

Media:
    100 series sliders would be great locally! Can’t wait for the rack.

TXLX100 likes this.
  7. DickB

DickB

I’ll second that. I’ve tried to get the metal tech/opor sliders on sale a few times but shipping always kills it.

Do you have a shop and operating hours? I might swing by sometime and just chat since you’re close.

TXLX100 and Dox like this.
  8. TXLX100

TXLX100

@DickB

So sorry for the long response, I didn't have this set for notifications. I'm not setup to make sliders. My good friend in town owns Tandem Offroad Automotive in Fort Worth and I believe he has a design already for 100 series sliders. Give the shop a call and ask for Pablo or Alex and they can take care of you. Save you the shipping cost!

9. NateMob

NateMob

Media:
    Albums:
    What are the details on your fridge slides? Dont see them on the site.

TXLX100 likes this.
  10. TXLX100

TXLX100

I took them off the site a while back to focus more on custom built slides. Unless otherwise requested I use 500lb dual locking slides, 14 gauge full bottom drawer pan, and a custom fit base that will bolt direct to third row seat mounts (or generic if you have another way to mount it). The drawer pan is slotted for tie down straps. The end goal is to build a heavy duty slide that fits your particular fridge to save as much interior space as possible and retain use of one side of the 3rd row seat, and will last many many years if the slides are maintained. All units come powdercoated (or galvanized if you like). Here's an early one I built for our GX (it's been cut and modified a few times so not as clean as one I would sell). A unit for a 60l fridge will weigh about 50lbs. Generally around $400.

There are cheaper options out there, but these are rugged and an easy option for owners that don't want to drill the floor in their truck or have a piece of plywood as a base.

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

NateMob likes this.
  11. Jarred

Jarred

That fridge slider looks pretty good.

TXLX100 likes this.
  12. TXLX100

TXLX100

It definitely works! We had this particular one in a LX470 in a heavy collision and it took the beating bolted to the third row seat mounts... the fridge lid snapped off though. Now it lives in a GX470. (No one was seriously hurt, which is why I recommend land cruisers for family)

13. TXLX100

TXLX100

Finished up a wind deflector for a customer. Cleaned up the look and a bit quieter. If anyone is interested in a wind deflector for an existing rack, send me a template and I can make it work! Thanks.

IMG_2383.JPG IMG_2387.JPG IMG_2388.JPG