Kazuma Super Charger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Taz

Threads
What mods are needed to install a TRD SC correctly? i.e. exhaust, tranny, etc. Where is the best (least expensive) place to buy the TRD SC? My local dealer quoted me $4800!

Taz,
Several others on the list have installed the TRD S/C so they can give more specific advice.  No exhaust mods are necessary; no tranny mods are necessary.

Several on this list are experimenting with water injection to cool the fuel mixture at the intake. Do a search for the specific posts with details and pictures. Some people install an EGT for before and after readings. Both the EGT and the WI are optional and are not required mods.

Take a look at George's web site (http://www.geocities.com/george_tlc/scharger.html) for extensive pictures and step-by-step write up.

-B-

No mods needed. I installed mine using George's info along with the manual given. I paid $2100 from Jay Marks Toyota in Houston Texas. Go to http://www. toyotaworld.com/ . TRD has a sale every november and the price seems to get down to the $2000 to $2300 range.
Regards,
Sean

$4,800?????????????? Sounds like they are funding an extracurricular bad habit. :slap:

Call Cdan and see what he can do or call Hocker. I think I got mine during a sale for like $2,250 - but that was a while back and I have the memory of your momma. :slap: :D

Taz,

Nothing special needing to be modified to run the SC. The only thing I've done so far that was not in the kit is use a heat blanket to cover my spark plug wires based on a tip I got from this forum (preventative).

I'll be running water injection on mine (if I can grab an hr to finish the install), but I think that's more of a personal preference than a need. It's a strightforward install and the SC is VERY OEM like. I'd do it again in a second.

An internet search will yield best prices on the unit around $3,000 ish right now. They were on sale for very low prices last November, but you can't get those prices now.

I got mine from Cruiserdan at American Toyota. It was supposed to Beowulf's SC, but he ended up giving Christo Slee all his money, so I got. Got a good deal and C-Dan's install notes which helped a bunch. :G

I got the SC on a Friday and had it installed and ready to go by Sunday morning (took me 12hrs, but I think I could do another one in 6hrs). I got my water injection set-up which should take about 2 hrs to install and I've only found time to mount the pump and run the electrical so far. Go figure. :dunno:

Mike
:beer:

Mike,
The wires you need to protect are the small injector wires where they pass near the EGR valve. These are the ones that cooked on mine and others.
Bill

Jay Marks Toyota's website quotes $2819 now. The best I have found so far is Conicelli Toyota (PA) at $2750. I'm still looking - appreciate any hot leads... BigMac

Mike,
The wires you need to protect are the small injector wires where they pass near the EGR valve. These are the ones that cooked on mine and others.
Bill

Aaahh! :stupid: Someone writes "small injector wires" I read "spark plug wires". Both start with an "s" and end with the word "wires" so they have to be the same thing, right? :eek:

It sort of made sense with the SC tract running right right over the top of a couple of those spark plug wires, but it makes much more sense now relating to the injector wires, thanks Bill. :G

Mike
:beer:

I would not go so far as to saying that nothing needs to be done. I have bought two trucks now (both 93's) that trashed the motor with the sc installed. One was driven for 36 miles the other for 10 miles.

It all depends on the condition of the motor, previous maintenance etc etc.

1. What is the condition of the cooling system. Radiator clogged? Pull it and have it cleaned

2. How clean is the injectors? Pull them and send to a place to clean them,

3. What shape is the headgasket? Signs of leaking. What does a compression check and leak down test show.

These are minor cost compared to an engine rebuilt. I hate to be a doomsday profit, but there is a reason we have about 6 1FZFE blocks standing around now. :ugh:

Saving cost on byuing the blower, that is good. Saving cost on the install, bad idea.

So Christo, about the used SCs that are/were on those now defunct motors for 36 and 10 miles just sitting around the shop...

:D

It's up to 3,300 bucks right now. I'd sell 'em all day long for less than that, maybe :G(no pesky bidding either). The seller has mis-leading info regarding the 00602-17620-505 adapter kit. It DOES NOT allow fitment to a 92 model. It is for 93-94 only.

Dan

It didn't even meet reserve! Yikes!

Does anyone have an estimate on the shipping weight for this unit (just in case I need to import one from the US :D). It looks like it would easily fit in a 2 cu foot box.

Cheers, Hugh

Hugh,

It comes in 2 boxes. The blower weighs about 25 LBS, the box with the rest of the stuff weighs about 42 LBS.

&nbsp:Dan.

Hopefully that would be the soft fuzzy box :G

yomama

Um, well, the blower.....Isn't that obvious? ::)

Found this in a dusty SOR corner of the computer. Be careful, I might find what goes with it.
Bill

Bill, please not THAT one :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom