kaymar tire carrier for stock bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...so anyone have one of these? opinions? i want to remove the spare from underneath as i'll be running 315's half the time. dont want to dish out 2K for a rear bumper...and this might just be the ticket for the time being. at least until the rear bumper is crinkled like a raisin.

tried finding some posts regarding this, but all i found were the ones w/ kaymar bumpers...

good? bad? spend the extra 12 hun?

Had one on for a month or so now. So far so good, not dragging the spare anymore It is not going to take a shot like a good bumper, but I didn't have the $$$$ for a good bumper. Be prepared to futz with the install cause not all the holes line up like they say in the very sparse instructions. The "hold open" mechanism is a little lame, it works fine, but it is not much.

I chose to leave off the aux lights that come with the kit and connected the new light for the license plate into the circuit for the existing light.

The exhaust hanger for the resonator needs to be replaced with one from the kit, that and other existing bolts that need to be reused. Some of the new parts do not fit the way they should, but everything works OK.

You will want to find all the mounting points and use the hell out of the PB Blaster for a day or two ahead of your planned install. You will also want to be sure to have a Dremel for enlarging/realigning some holes and a good drill and bits for getting through the rear crossmember.

All in all I am pleased, but it is only an interim solution.

FWIW

thanks for the input ted. yeah its good enough for a temp solution...nothing can compare to a proper bumper. do you have any pics of your setup? i was hoping they had left (DS) mounting, but it seems like MAF only has the right (PS) mounting. odd because the pic theyve got is left side mount.

can the oem tow hitch still be used with this setup?

[QUOTE

can the oem tow hitch still be used with this setup?[/QUOTE]

YES!

I got on my '93 and i'm happy with it

...so anyone have one of these? opinions? i want to remove the spare from underneath as i'll be running 315's half the time. dont want to dish out 2K for a rear bumper...and this might just be the ticket for the time being. at least until the rear bumper is crinkled like a raisin.

tried finding some posts regarding this, but all i found were the ones w/ kaymar bumpers...

good? bad? spend the extra 12 hun?

TJM has also one, and I like more it´s latch system against the Kaymar.

I have one. My only complaint is that the release handle too low and I have to bend over to unlock it. I really need to get a lift!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom