Kaymar Rear Tyre carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking of buying a Kaymar rear trye carrier. This will of course mean that the Hydraulic carrier of my own invention will never be built, but an unexpected tax refund needs to be put to good use.

I've researched what I can on the web but have been unable to find a good picture. What I'm after is the carrier that fits with the stock bumper. Does anyone out there have one of these who could also take a few pictures for me?

I'm particularly interested to see how it bolts to the chassis and how the supporting arm comes round the bumper. Any pics of the licence plate mount would also be of interest.

Thanks in advance :beer: Jim

Thanks Rick that would be great. I still can't decide whether to go for the Kaymar or TJM. The Kaymar is $150 cheaper. Some pics would help me with the decision.

Cheers, Jim

Jim,
If memory serves christo has one that will mount to the stock rear bumper it might take a while to ship to you but you know it will be of good quality.
Hey I didn't even get paid for that plug.
Dave

ok had to satisfy my own curiuosity. he has the spindle kit for oem bumper but with a welder and some patience it would probably be the base to start from.
Dave :beer:

Jim
Its daisy here Ive put on a kaymar unit a couple of years ago on my own 4wd and it only took me a couple of hours.
All you do is take of the bumperet on which ever side your doing and drill and bolt the main bracket on then put the bumperet back on and mount the external hardware to the main bracket and she,s done,as for the wiring they give you a loom to just plug in at least thats what I got.

Daisy
NSW/AUS

Rick

You can only post one pic per post. However, if you use a site like http://www.cartogra.com/ you can link to multiple pics in one post. Again, thanks.

Dave

I've given up on making one myself. Spindle kit would have been a good start though.

:beer:Jim

the pin assembly that holds the carrier open. I decided to drill two holes so there is one for wide open and another square to the truck so the tail gate can be opened with the carrier only opened minimal.

The pin looks a little rusty, how smooth is the operation?

I was going to get the whole bumper but this looks pretty good considering I don't want to tow anything. Can those that own the bumper too tell me the difference from the stock. More clearence, stronger? What about recovery points with the Kaymar, do you retain the hooks on the rear of the frame?
Thanks.

Rick,
Does the tire cover the brake light or is it the camera angle? Also, would it be possible to post a better picture (closeup) of the latch. I am building a bumper now and looking for different ideas on a latch.
Bill

Thanks Rick

I see how yours works, but that's not quite what I was expecting. Is that a stock bumper? Mine is quite different.
I was led to think that the arm attached to the chassis and then came round the bumper (like a G clamp) and then locked shut at the pintle hook point.
Did you have to addapt your bumper to take the carrier? That might explain it.

BTW, the background scenery in your pics looks just like the UK - very green and lush....

Cheers, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom