For Sale Kaymar Rear Tire Carrier for 80-Series (SoCal) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
***SOLD***

I am selling my Kaymar Rear Tire Carrier for an 80-series. This is the rear carrier that mounts to the stock bumper. This thing is incredibly heavy duty and stout, and I was carrying a 35" tire on there with no issues. I only pulled it off since I picked up an aftermarket rear bumper. There is a Kaymar license plate holder included, as is the hardware (nuts/bolts/washers). Tire is not included.

Full disclosure: This carrier was on my '97 that we rolled at freeway speed: https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/405093-our-new-land-cruiser-saved-our-lives.html Even through the impact, the latch and spare held (I was carrying a 33" spare at the time), and because there was no damage to the carrier, I transferred it to my '95. So, to say it is heavy duty and stout, would be an understatement.

Also, it could use a fresh coat of paint, as some of the powder coating has come off and there is some slight surface rust in those areas, but could easily be sanded and recoated to be good as new. Also, two of the capture nuts are missing and ideally, new one's need to be welded on, but I ran the carrier on my '95 in this state for a year and a half. Just looking to give full disclosure.

Man-A-Fre used to carry this unit for close to $1k. I'm looking to get $400 for it. I really don't want to attempt to ship this thing due to it being extremely heavy and awkward to box/crate up, so I'm going to say pickup only. I am located in North San Diego.

Thanks.

Kaymar 1.JPG

Kaymar 2.JPG

Kaymar 3.JPG

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, some drilling is required.

More pics:

Kaymar 4.JPG

Kaymar 5.JPG

Kaymar 6.JPG

And one last one of the missing capture nuts. Again, ideally you would want to have some welded on, but I did run it just like this for over a year and a half with no problems.

Kaymar 13.jpg

Good price, the last price from Man-a-fre was $1200 for one of these. I have a couple pics of mine in my build thread if anyone wants some more pics.

With the 35, did you have to run a spacer to get it out far enough to clear the swing arm?

Last edited:
Good price, the last price from Man-a-fre was $1200 for one of these. I have a couple pics of mine in my build thread if anyone wants some more pics.

With the 35, did you have to run a spacer to get it out far enough to clear the swing arm?

Yeah, Man-A-Fre was a little on the pricey end.

I didn't need a spacer. You can actually adjust the tire mount (not sure of the technical name there) in or out to accomodate different tire sizes and widths, as well as different wheel backspacing. No rubbing or issues with the 33" or 35" tires I ran on there.

Thanks.

:idea: Just had an idea, I'm looking for a good excuse to get back up to Surf 'n Turf this weekend, so I could deliver/meet at Pismo Beach this weekend if there is interest. Please let me know ASAP so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks.

I'm interested and will be both at Pismo and then in San Diego for a while!

I'll PM you my info to discuss.

Kraig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom