Kaymar rear bumper installed (something seems odd) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
after the bumper is installed there seems to be something weird about the step plat that covers the bumper.. a reasonably large gap is there between the plate and the side of the bumper on both sides.. also there seems to be a hole in the plate for a screw but not screw is included and nothing is there to screw onto anyways as you can see in the first image..

mod4.JPG

mod3.JPG

anybody has installed the same bumper on their 100 and could post pics of the same spot? I've tried to search for closeup pics of the bumper on the net but couldn't find any..

Bumper looks great. How was the install overall otherwise? Simple? PITA?

Now ya got the high lift, roof rack and bumper, you can lose that super-turbo mega-aero rear spoiler wing blade. :D

Also, can you post some more pix of that bumper?

@macneill

I didn't do the installation myself so I wouldn't know exactly how simple/complex it was..
about the spoiler.. loosing it would mean covering all the holes which is a PITA :D

My car is at the shop now, I'll snap more pics once I have it back.. in the meantime, there are a couple more pics of the bumper here...

that definately does not look right

siglo said:
@macneill

I didn't do the installation myself so I wouldn't know exactly how simple/complex it was..
about the spoiler.. loosing it would mean covering all the holes which is a PITA :D

My car is at the shop now, I'll snap more pics once I have it back.. in the meantime, there are a couple more pics of the bumper here...

When I installed the tire carrier on my 86, I recall it said that for 100's or 80's, you had to drill and tap threads into the 4 holes for the tire carrier latch whereas on 60's and older rigs, you just drill and through-bolt the latch on. That's all I can recall. It was a PITA enough already drilling through the 3/16" plate steel w/ a 7/16" or 1/2" bit. A drill press would have made it a lot easier, but those bumpers are so heavy and bulky, it took three of us to bolt it up as is.

Can't speak for the fitment of the diamond plating on the side as mine is an 80. It's fitment in that area was just fine. I have the same holes as you tho. Asked Steve-O at Man-a-Fre what they were for and he didn't know. Our best guess was potentially for drainage??? As for me, they were a great place to put the schraeder valves to my Airlift bags. Had some chrome valve caps and it looks great.

got a reply from ARB AUS.. they say it is normal and that gap is intentional to pass things like wires etc from.. about the rear of the diamond plate not having any support, they also said that it is normal and that is one of the reasons they are making their own rear bumpers which will be available soon.. I think they are talking about this one..

medium.jpg

more pics in this thread.. :cool:

siglo,

nice truck you got. do you have any idea how much is the spoiler? does it comes standard or you ask the dealer to install it for you? i really want to have a spoiler like that but dont know where to buy is US. :crybaby:

@HDJ100L

it is usually dealer installed. I bought mine from the dealer then installed it at a shop outside. it is made by Toyota (i night have the part number somewhere if you need it). I don't remember the cost exactly, but I think it was around $400. it is installed with 2 screws and double sided tape. I have no idea were you would find one in the US. I'm thinking of removing mine cause it's in the way when I try to get up on the roof rack. if you cover my cost of plugging the 2 holes and the pain job it's yours (+ shipping from Kuwait) :p

there are cheaper ones made in china that do not require any screws.. just double sided tape.. but the brake light looks messed up on those..

That spoiler is a factory option on the 06 models. The one on my local lot has one. It also comes with a cover to go over the hole from the brake light in the hatch.

Sig,
Thanks For A Quick Reply. How Much Would It Cost You To Plug The Hole And Repaint The Hatch? Could You Check The Shipping To California? :)
DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU DRILLED 2 HOLE INTO THE HATCH? MAY I KNOW WHAT PART? AND AS FAR AS I KNOW THE 3RD LIGHT SHOULD BE REMOVE AND THE SPOILER HAS IT'S OWN COVER OR BRAKET. DO YOU MIND ME ASKING THE PART NUMBER?

THANK YOU

Last edited:
Josh83,

Thank You For Your Reply. Is It The Same As Siglo Spoiler? How Much Would That Cost And Do You Have Any Part Number for It?

Last edited:
@HDJ100L

I'll try to find the part number when I go home, I might still have the invoice somewhere..

about the hatch, two holes were drilled from the inside of the car.. if you look at the inside of the hatch you will see a couple of black rubber plugs covering the connection for the rear wiper etc.. that is where the two screws went IIRC.. the third brake light was removed and the spoiler covers that hole..

Once I have the time to get the spoiler removed I'll let you know the cost and shipping if you are still interested..

Siglo,

Thanks, just email me at kingston861@hotmail.com once you have remove your spoiler. can i have your email too? so that we could communicate privately.
Deal? :)

00 LC100 HDJ100L
SARAHRA BAR,OME SHOCKS,SPRING,TORSION BAR,
1HD-T ENGINE

Last edited:
you know, I'd be ticked off if somebody would tell me with a straight face that this gap is intentional to run wires. For crying out loud, it has the exact shape and all to fit without gap, and how sloppy would wires there look. I call BS. If you want to run wires, you run them through a hole with a rubber grommet!

HDJ100L said:
Josh83,

Thank You For Your Reply. Is It The Same As Siglo Spoiler? How Much Would That Cost And Do You Have Any Part Number for It?

It looks exactly the same from the pics. The option on the window sticker is ~$250, so I'm sure it would be more to have it done. Figure at least $500, maybe more. I don't have the part number, but a good parts man at a dealer should be able to find it.

I have found the part number on the invoice for the spoiler.. it's (08150-60030-A0) I bought it from the agent in Bahrain for BD200 which is approx. US$550.. that was during FEB 2004 so it's probably cheaper now..

HDJ100L said:
00 LC100 HDJ100L
SARAHRA BAR,OME SHOCKS,SPRING,TORSION BAR,
1HD-T ENGINE

What kind of exhaust is that?

When I bolted the kaymar bumper on my 80, i noticed that the diamond plate strip did not cover the entire length of the step area. I have about a 1/4 inch gap on each side. I dont know who mentioned it, but the hole seems to be for wires incase you decide to bolt on a light to the tire car-. Install was very easy-just make sure you have a freind to help you lift it into place to avoid scratching the paint. My fit the frame like a glove-if your frame is bent in the slightest amount, you might have to enlarge a couple of mounting holes. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom