Kaymar Installed!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got the Kaymar del this mornin. Well first off they were packaged very well but when i opened the bumper box and inspected the bumper i saw what looked to be like a drop mark on the pass side top rear corner of the bumper. It is buckled alittle but i am not fussing over it. Well took off all my OEM stuff (directions suck but it is fairly easy to see what needs to be done. Mounted the Kaymar and bolted everything up. As i am going to put the two crossmember bottom bolts on the fsace of the bumper THEY DO NOT LINE UP!!! the holes on the bumper and the holes on the crossmembre (bottom two holes) do not line up at all. I tried to loosen everything and manuver the bumper around as if maybe something was just off. That didn;t do a thing. Well other than that everything went well. Next is the tire carrier install.

Does anyone else have this problem with the holes not lining up??

Mine lined up just fine, but the piece on the bumper was too thick. I had to grind off 1/4" so the bumper would slide on far enough to get all the bolts on the frame to fit in.

Seems thay have a hard time with this one piece.

I had no trouble installing my kaymar. The only thing I can think of is if you left the shims out. They space the bumper down about a 1/4" from the frame. Goodluck :beer:

Where's the freakin' pics? A 'brand new bumper installed update thread report' without pics? :frown:

Well i did the shims and all those pieces that are supposed to be installed but still the middle holes will not line up, see how you had to grind some stuff for it to line up for you, well i didn't and just the middle crossmember bolts do not line up. They are not lined up left to right not up and down. i guess that when i drill out the holes for the tire carrier i will drill the crossmember holes out alittle and then "bam" they fit! But i am worried that the bumper may have been damaged in the shipment and therefore there is something wrong that i cannot see. But when i think about it the whole bumper would not fit at all if it was structurally damaged right??

Last edited:
Oh and sorry about the pics, i am home with no camera right now, everything is at work.

Curious... are the holes off just vertical wise? or off center like side to side. In other words do you only have to lift/drop the bumper OR do you have to shift it to the passenger/driver side.... OR BOTH ?

Shift to passenger side to be exact. Then she will line up perfectly. I mean it is like a halh an inch off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom