Kaymar bumper tire carrier's seal part # (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have searched on tons of Kaymar bumper info but I cannot find the part number or any suitable replacement seal for the swing away tire carrier. The seal got damage during sand blasting, both lower and upper bearings are okay.

If you have Kaymar bumper, you guys know where I can get a replacement seal other than Man-A-Fre? All I need is the seal. A couple pictures of the Kaymar Deluxe Bumper that I painted using Sherwin Williams paint.
Kaymar Deluxe Bumper seal.JPG
Kaymar Deluxe Bumper seal1.JPG

Nobody other than Man-a-fre would be able to help you here in the USA. They're the only distributors here. Ask Steve over there if he can special order it or find out the specs on it..... or email Kaymar directly, they get back to you within a few days and can give you a answer. Hopefully you can at least get the specs on it or a part# so you can cross reference it with another brand.

What year make is your deluxe? My wings don't un-bolt, they're all one piece into the bumper face.

Originally posted by SOCALFJ
What year make is your deluxe? My wings don't un-bolt, they're all one piece into the bumper face.

On the back of the diamond plate it says January 99 written in permanent marker (it gone now due to sandblasting), so I guess it was manufactured on January 99. The wings are cast and they are not the same as the one that you have. I think these wings are softer that the regular kaymar bumper.

I know Man a fre were the only distributor here in US. I'll take the old seal to either Napa or AutoZone tomorrow to see if they can find something similar to fit in the carrier.

TLC in Van Nuys carries some of the Kaymar line...but guess what...they get what they sell from MAF.

I don't know were you will source the seals in the USA but here, some years ago, I went to a shop who specialized in seals and bearings and the guy checked the samples with a precise measure instrument, went to his reference books for the part number and he got me right away from his stock both the new seal and bearings and they were the exact replacement from the damaged ones I needed for a customer Kaymar bumper who were full of water and mud.

So I guess If I got it on a third world country then you should get it there with less effort if you search around, so MAF should not be the only place were you can source them.

Last edited:
I just came back from Autozone and Napa with no luck. I'm going to try Advance, Lowe's, Home Depot, and maybe HF or Northern Tools. The guys at Napa and Autozone I think they were lazy and don't want to spend time with me so I have to look at bin where the "HELP" products were hanging. I'm going to try different stores before I call MAF. In this way, if I can find the right oil seal then you guys with Kaymar don't have to pay the mucho $$$$ for a darn seal::D.

Sorry to be harsh but you are barfing at the wrong tree, is like looking for a memory board for your computer at a Radio Shack !!!! The fact that they sell fuses doesn't mean they are specialized in what you need.

I would look at a industrial bearing parts supplier or for example a marine shop were they have parts for the trailers or a RV / camping world type shop were they sell trailer parts.

Boat trailers sometimes use downloading ramps and the hubs got damaged, they should have similar seals.

Last edited:
I assume u are in CA. Check the yellow pages for seals/gromments etc. I did this for some seals on some FJ40 hubs. U would be surprised at how many small dealers carry what u need.

Also, do a google for what u need. Measure the approx size and do this:
"Seal 2.5 inch x 0.124 inch"......

Originally posted by robmir
I would look at a industrial bearing parts supplier or for example a marine shop were they have parts for the trailers or a RV / camping world type shop were they sell trailer parts.

Boat trailers sometimes use downloading ramps and the hubs got damaged, they should have similar seals.

I tried that one too. Went to Bass Pro this morning and there were a lot of boats in the yard. We looked at different trailer bearings and seals, some of them still in a vaccuum tight package, some are in the bin, and shelves still no luck.

I would not mind getting a couple myself. I wonder if there wasn't a number stamped on mine. If it's like bearings, these things are standard sizes designated by numbers I assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom