Kawasaki jet ski (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2001 Kawasaki sx1100 won start and I have to many projects. Anyone have a good shop to recommend? Thanks, Mike

So this must be the 3 cylinder 2-stroke. Had a couple SX750’s a few years back. Swapped to the superjet. Love them all. Don’t have a recommendation in the DFW market but if you get desperate I have a really good one in San Antonio. Spectrum Watercraft.

The Kawasaki has been covered and looks new. Runs probably 60. Just went to no start.Taken it to two places,pitiful mechanics. Thanks, Mike

Call Jody @ 903.340.1528. Her and her husband do Jet skis exclusively and come to your dock. They may be a week or 2 out but are very good and reasonably priced.

Took it to Jody today,hope they can fix it. Mike

First of all let me say thanks for the referral . Second this was a disaster . After calling Jody and telling her what we had she said no problem .we are 3 weeks out I said fine We will bring it in two weeks. Karen and I made the trip to our place in Arkansas to get the ski and take it to Cedar creek lake. This is an 11-12 hour trip. Left it at the prescribed place.Finally here back last week that it was looked at and the part is not available. Ok I ask what part is it? This has been asked for a week with Ill get you the part. Asked again today. He doesn’t work on that one because no parts are available. Mad would not describe my feelings.

If you have not utilized the ski forums yet you should look at x-h20. Lot's of stuff on 2-strokes there and I believe the one for sit down ski's is greenhulk.net. Good luck as these can be frustrating at times.

First of all let me say thanks for the referral . Second this was a disaster . After calling Jody and telling her what we had she said no problem .we are 3 weeks out I said fine We will bring it in two weeks. Karen and I made the trip to our place in Arkansas to get the ski and take it to Cedar creek lake. This is an 11-12 hour trip. Left it at the prescribed place.Finally here back last week that it was looked at and the part is not available. Ok I ask what part is it? This has been asked for a week with Ill get you the part. Asked again today. He doesn’t work on that one because no parts are available. Mad would not describe my feelings.
Sorry you had a bad experience, obviously I have never experienced anything like that with them or I would not have recommended.

No glad you reached out. It was however a very expensive and time consuming ordeal

Some one needs to open a jet ski repair shop, you can make a fortune if you know what your doing. It can’t be any harder than working on a 30 year old truck that has rusty bolts and heavy greasy parts.

Some one needs to open a jet ski repair shop, you can make a fortune if you know what your doing. It can’t be any harder than working on a 30 year old truck that has rusty bolts and heavy greasy parts.
Ha...my friend at Spectrum Water Craft in San Antonio owns an old school jet ski shop (last 25+ years) and he's looking to retire sooner than later as it's a very tough business. It's definitely a niche market and honestly don't know of too many shops like this that are still around. It's a long trip but there's no doubt Steve could solve your issues.

So with your ski...does it turn over but just not firing? And was it running prior to winterizing it? If so, these two strokes only need fuel, compression and spark. If it's got the first two, then typically it's something in the flywheel/stator or the e-box/CDI.

It actually quit in the summer time. Ran 60 plus and the next day it cranked fine but would not start. These things are too expensive to just throw away.Do you think he would talk to me over the phone?

It actually quit in the summer time. Ran 60 plus and the next day it cranked fine but would not start. These things are too expensive to just throw away.
Not sure if you do your own work, but if you're willing to, check out the forums I mentioned in an above post. lots of resources etc. similar to MUD

I saw the forums could not really find anything on my Kawasaki 1100. Unfortunately I work on our cruisers,tractors,boats and everything with a motor in it. I still can’t believe 3 shops could not even tell me what’s wrong with it. Right now I’m working on the pool in the back and a water pump in one of the 62s,and 3 homes we own and a ski boat. I was hoping I could get help with the jet ski.

I saw the forums could not really find anything on my Kawasaki 1100. Unfortunately I work on our cruisers,tractors,boats and everything with a motor in it. I still can’t believe 3 shops could not even tell me what’s wrong with it. Right now I’m working on the pool in the back and a water pump in one of the 62s,and 3 homes we own and a ski boat. I was hoping I could get help with the jet ski.
Cool. Understood. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me. I’ve worked on 2-stoke skis for many years. Glad to provide any support.

Thanks, Looks like I’ll have to fix this too.I appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom