Kavik Offroad- Never Received Product, took $750 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm not sure where to post this but I was hoping someone could give me advice on what to do.

I paid this guy $750 via paypal to start and finish a bull bar for my 100 series, the remaining $850 would be paid on compeletion. He's pretty well known and said it would take a few months so I trusted it.

I asked for updates about when it would be completed, and he just stopped responding. I was 20 at the time and after a year had gone by and I just asked for my $750 back....... still no response.

What can I do about this?

Any advice would be appreciated. I have the invoice, payment, and date when it was completed.

Thanks
-James

Thanks for the info guys I'll get on it.

I was going to file with paypal today but services are down for Christmas.

I was reading the info on the site though and it said I have 180 days after payment to file a dispute. So I think this guy knew that and made me wait saying he would get it done until that period passed so he could just pocket the money.

But I never received delivery so maybe I have a case? It's BS either way.

Yes it was reputable. And not a saint. In this world that's an idiot lol.

Some lessons are learned the hard way, unfortunately. Nothing to blame yourself for, though. Kavik is a known name and plenty of people could have ended up in the same boat.

Take your steps via Paypal and your CC company. For Paypal's 6 months rule, you may be able to spin it that there was an additional invoice incoming, therefor the amount of time you waited didn't represent the full transaction. They may give you push back, but just keep pushing. I recently had a claim they didn't want to honor and eventually they caved. Just present ALL of your written communication with the vendor, especially the parts where he mentioned his timeline and secondary invoice due upon completion of the work.

Good luck, dude.

Will do man.

I appreciate the support guys.

The Kavik thread here is closed - he basically disappeared well over a year ago never to be heard from. I emailed him 3 times (I think once on IG) - but no response. Looks like he had a great product fairly priced - sorry to hear about your dealings with him. He had a lot of interest in his products.

Yeah it really was. Light and high clearance- good design.

But yeah I don't know what happened. Just stopped responding and dipped. Led me on with the emails too........

ARB bars are much stronger and better engineered though. Gotta look at the bright side.

ARB bars are much stronger and better engineered though. Gotta look at the bright side.

...Ehh...

I haven't seen one of Kavik's, but I was a little underwhelmed with the build quality of my ARB. However, I have no real reasons to complain as it's worked fine for what I've put it through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom