Builds KarashiFJ40 1975 Survivor (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Can't you get a fiberglass trans hump from SOR? I'm considering it as a means to cut down on header heat.

I’ll check that. Might save me a bunch of fabricating time. It’ll wait until after SAS

If you haven't already ordered a gas tank - I would look at the OEM option. I recently bought one and it was only slightly more than the CCOT tank because of a free shipping promotion with the Toyota dealer I bought it from.

If you haven't already ordered a gas tank - I would look at the OEM option. I recently bought one and it was only slightly more than the CCOT tank because of a free shipping promotion with the Toyota dealer I bought it from.

I found a really good shape OEM used one for $150 shipped. I was looking at the the cost difference between the CCOT and OEM being pretty close.

Was trying to get the front axle wrapped and suspension finished while waiting for floor pans to arrive.

B9A87E37-57F4-43CA-844E-B538655EE803.jpeg

Need to pull this back apart and see why the axle is shy of the hub gear. Could be a race not seated properly maybe...

When to check the other side and couldn’t get the hub gear to fit in the axle.

D5B9837A-47AA-4F1A-93FE-930D386E49E7.jpeg

End is buggered from separating the birf c-clip. Will need to source another outer shaft.. ☹

Was trying to get the front axle wrapped and suspension finished while waiting for floor pans to arrive.

View attachment 2346034

Need to pull this back apart and see why the axle is shy of the hub gear. Could be a race not seated properly maybe...

When to check the other side and couldn’t get the hub gear to fit in the axle.

View attachment 2346035

End is buggered from separating the birf c-clip. Will need to source another outer shaft.. ☹
You should be able to clean up the splines with a small diamond or stone hone... 🤷🏼‍♂️

You should be able to clean up the splines with a small diamond or stone hone... 🤷🏼‍♂️

Spent some time with a file working that before posting. Was getting close, but the c-clip would have less outer material and I was thinking it best to just replace with another.

Got some done on Monday. Though I was smart about dropping the front down to make the engine go in easier. The hoist legs were really in the way for getting the engine in centered and I ended up jockeying back and forth a bit. Rest of the front floor pans from Real Steel came on Monday.

Stainless Steel tray ordered.

***Need a recommendation for a cheap muffler solution. ***

Going to try and get the floor pans in tomorrow and the fuel tank floor patched up.

If I’m really rolling the trans in as well. Trans hump will get taped down for now until after SAS4.

Front eng needs to goback on this week and seat bracket bolted down.
1C6973A4-2620-4129-8D02-3881A71DDF41.jpeg

E0805C99-75E4-40B9-A1A5-A7588EBDD44D.jpeg

2BAAD40E-9C01-483B-AC3B-12D39DECC766.jpeg

D3994297-028F-4C6C-B682-71F8B1035459.jpeg

FB5BF00B-C4E6-465C-941A-48FC9840E3F5.jpeg

Really enjoying reading about your progress. I’m sure I have driven by your 40 about a hundred times over the years and had no idea it was back there!

Hey Dave
How’s the 40 coming along... are you SAS ready?
I had hoped to throw things together here. Had a friend drop into town for a few days that ate up time and then while he was visiting I sprained my ankle.

I had come to the conclusion before that I should invest the time in the 60 for the trip as it’s made it the last 2 years.

I’ll be going but it’ll be in the 60 for another year. More updates mid August!

I had hoped to throw things together here. Had a friend drop into town for a few days that ate up time and then while he was visiting I sprained my ankle.

I had come to the conclusion before that I should invest the time in the 60 for the trip as it’s made it the last 2 years.

I’ll be going but it’ll be in the 60 for another year. More updates mid August!
Bummer and awesome at the same time. You can’t beat time with friends
SAS5
You and WA crew welcome to come to my Crater Lake Property property and explore any time.

It’s been a busy few months. Project stalled in July to get the 60 ready for another CO trip.

Wheels went back on and stuff was taped up for a trip to a new parking spot. This one has a little more room.

E5D9CFD9-C2A0-4339-987B-A0CBC9191333.jpeg

From ☝️

To 👇

View attachment 2560989

Getting a little closer to getting moving on this again. @Kleatus please continue.. 😘
Send it to the Haus of Klaus. Fly out and drive it to Ouray 😉.

Or are you gonna make me pay you a visit? I will have a list of tools and parts I expect to be ready, and a daily beer menu I will expect to receive.

Looking back up at your picture Dave, that thing is awesome. I'm jealous mine wasn't that nice to start with. I hope you're glad I showed up with an empty trailer to "check it out" and twisted your arm... 😁.

I without a doubt am glad that it all came together as nicely as it did that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom