Kaon Roof Shelf... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also ordered the replacement plastic parts to switch from the humps for the cargo cover to the dual cupholders from TRD Shop. Hopefully those can be swapped without having to pull the lower quarter panels off.
You need to remove the large panels on the side of the cargo area to remove/install the factory cup holders from the vehicle with third row seating. They are held in with a bunch of philips screws.

Really crappy picture, but the only one I could find on my phone - you can see the cup holder on the right (upside down) and some of the screws (silver).

2B49A9C6-2529-4458-9A43-37719B53A538.jpeg

Incidentally, that silver + is where I drilled a hole to access that captive nut that I presume that the brace/panel attaches to. This is where the non HE guys will need to drill a hole.

Last edited:
You need to remove the large panels on the side of the cargo area to remove/install the factory cup holders from the vehicle with third row seating. They are held in with a bunch of philips screws.
I was afraid of that...

I also ordered the replacement plastic parts to switch from the humps for the cargo cover to the dual cupholders from TRD Shop. Hopefully those can be swapped without having to pull the lower quarter panels off.
I received a message from TRD Shop that one or both parts is discontinued, so may need to proceed to plan B whatever that may be. I don’t really want to hack up the cargo cover towers. I may contact a few other part suppliers, but if anyone knows of a source that definitely has these (I would need the black / dark gray version), please let me know. Used would be fine as long as they aren’t all scratched up.

Panels arrived today. Going to try and install them tonight.

View attachment 2940673
Did you get a 22mm hole saw or are you going to use a 7/8" one? I finely have good weather and I have jury duty the next 2 weeks. Hoping I do not have to report tomorrow so I can do some project on the 200.

Did you get a 22mm hole saw or are you going to use a 7/8" one? I finely have good weather and I have jury duty the next 2 weeks. Hoping I do not have to report tomorrow so I can do some project on the 200.

Hadn't really thought about the hole saw, figured I would see what I have around the garage and head to Lowes if needed.

Hadn't really thought about the hole saw, figured I would see what I have around the garage and head to Lowes if needed.
The metrics can be hard to find around here. 22mm is 0.866 compared to 0.875 not much of a difference for this application I think.

Ok, so I completed the install. Took me a slow hour or so, but could have been done in 30-45 minutes. You will notice that I installed my shelf backwards this time despite being a member of the 'safety first mob' who has warned others against doing so for fear of stored objects becoming dangerous projectiles in a crash. The reason I did so is really just for experimentation as I sleep in the truck when camping and my head is positioned towards the forward direction of the vehicle. I have noticed how much more convenient the shelf would be for storing clothing, blankets and pillows (which is what I primarily keep up there anyway) if they were accessible to me while laying in bed. It also would make for a nice place to put wallet, knife, firearm etc while sleeping. You will also notice that when reversed the shelf does not sit level. This was unforeseen but I think will turn out to be favorable for my experiment as the shelf sits lower towards the rear. It makes the opening a bit smaller but gives items being carried a bias against falling out. We'll see if I like it on the next camping trip. You will also notice that I mounted my Icon HAM speaker to the new side MOLLE panel facing the window. It had been previously mounted on the 'front barrier' of the shelf facing forward. This was done simply to get it out of the way and a bit further from the rear passenger's ear.

I'll probably make some changes but this is where it stands.

My tools for the job:

IMG_3795.jpeg

Passenger side:

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3798.jpeg

IMG_3801.jpeg

Driver side:

IMG_3804.jpeg

Completed install without shelf:

IMG_3805.jpeg

With shelf:

IMG_3806.jpeg

IMG_3808.jpeg

IMG_3809.jpeg

IMG_3812.jpeg

Last edited:
I already tried to order mine and followed their link to open up a resolution case or something.
Is there any separate ordering page or link where I can order that side panels?

They handle it through their order dispute because it could then be handle without charge with existing web-site remedies. A little weird,but thats how they did it.

(According to Kaon, I was their first order using that system for that particular part so he was on the phone with me talking about it…)

Last edited:
Ok, so I completed the install. Took me a slow hour or so, but could have been done in 30-45 minutes. You will notice that I installed my shelf backwards this time despite being a member of the 'safety first mob' who has warned others against doing so for fear of stored objects becoming dangerous projectiles in a crash. The reason I did so is really just for experimentation as I sleep in the truck when camping and my head is positioned towards the forward direction of the vehicle. I have noticed how much more convenient the shelf would be for storing clothing, blankets and pillows (which is what I primarily keep up there anyway) if they were accessible to me while laying in bed. It also would make for a nice place to put wallet, knife, firearm etc while sleeping. You will also notice that when reversed the shelf does not sit level. This was unforeseen but I think will turn out to be favorable for my experiment as the shelf sits lower towards the rear. It makes the opening a bit smaller but gives items being carried a bias against falling out. We'll see if I like it on the next camping trip. You will also notice that I mounted my Icon HAM speaker to the new side MOLLE panel facing the window. It had been previously mounted on the 'front barrier' of the shelf facing forward. This was done simply to get it out of the way and a bit further from the rear passenger's ear.

My tools for the job:

View attachment 2941010

Passenger side:

View attachment 2941012

View attachment 2941013

View attachment 2941014

Driver side:

View attachment 2941017

View attachment 2941018

With shelf:

View attachment 2941020

View attachment 2941021

View attachment 2941022

View attachment 2941023
I i stalled mine a couple days ago.
In my case it was more of a pain because of my velcro haven in back… ;) But all in and super sturdy.

Honestly, my jury is still out on the usefulness of molle in that location as molle isn’t designed for easy removal…and the location isn’t easy to reach from the hatch or from second row door.

I’ve got a couple of alternative tweaks I’ma play around with though… We’ll see. 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏼

As always… Quality design from Kaon. Had a great convo with them on the phone, where it became clear they are friendly, and genuinely interested in ideas. The guy out-talked me, and that’s sayin somethin… ;) (see ehat I did there?) :)
:rimshot:

The fact that they actively reached out to everyone to resolve this issue for free says a lot about Kaon. I'm extremely impressed with them at this point.

My small version panels arrived a few days ago, but since I have a HE, I need to put some thought into how I'm going to handle the install. The dual cup holder parts appear to be unobtainium, which means I'm probably going to have to cut the cargo shelf humps. I would be fine cutting them if replacements were available (in case I ever want to remove the shelf and go back to stock), but I suspect the HE parts aren't available either. I'm definitely not interested in spending $450ish per side to get complete quarter panels (which would include the cup holders) for this project and those may be unavailable as well. If anyone gets a line on these parts being available from a parts / salvage vehicle in the dark gray / black color, please let me know.

If any of you that bought the Kaon shelf decide that it isn't as interesting to you with the addition of the bracing setup, especially if you have the larger molle panels, please let me know. I'm interested in picking one up (and already have the holes in my cargo panels from a prior project).

Last edited:

My tools for the job:

View attachment 2941010

Passenger side:

View attachment 2941012

View attachment 2941013

View attachment 2941014

Driver side:

View attachment 2941017

View attachment 2941018

With shelf:

View attachment 2941020

View attachment 2941021

View attachment 2941022

View attachment 2941023
Nice microtech OTF!

My tools for the job:

View attachment 2941010

Passenger side:

View attachment 2941012

View attachment 2941013

View attachment 2941014

Driver side:

View attachment 2941017

View attachment 2941018

With shelf:

View attachment 2941020

View attachment 2941021

View attachment 2941022

View attachment 2941023
I installed mine backwards. It’s level if you only move the vertical fence to the other side (drilling required). I love it. Hope that makes sense.

I have a slightly different question:

I also ordered the smaller side supports, and do not have the Heritage Edition with the "bump" to cause interference, so I'm good to go with just drilling an access hole in the plastic to allow access to the M10 anchor point.

However, thinking about possible removal/replacement of the storage rack and supports in the future, would it be possible to install the Heritage Edition cup holders with the cargo cover "bump" into my 2013 LC200? This would hide the access hole nicely and look stock.

So... can anyone help with the part numbers for the cup holder w/cargo cover "bump" that could replace the stock cup holders without the bump?

Thanks for any help.
I just finished an email exchange with the parts guy at McGeorge Toyota and the part numbers you're looking for to get the single cup holder and hump combo are:

64933-60010-C0​
64934-60010-C0​

If you don't have the black interior, you would need to adjust the C0 at the end to match your interior color. I'm not sure if this part was used outside of the Heritage Edition, though I would expect it to be used in any 200 series that was sold without 3rd row seats. He said that the above parts are actually available. Info on partsouq.com was actually useful in tracking these parts down and it turns out that parsouq has the parts available:

The 2 cup holder version that those of us with Heritage Editions need to switch to in order to install the updated Kaon brackets are:

66992-60010-C0​
66991-60040-C0​

He told me that 66992-60010-C0 is on national backorder and may take a while to get, but 66991-60040-C0 is available. Partsouq does not appear to have either of these parts listed on their site.

I know it's stupid and I'm wasting some money here, but I decided to order a pair of each. The HE parts will give me a spare set in case I end up cutting the factory parts up. The non-HE parts, if they actually show up, will give me a cleaner solution. Looking at the parts diagrams, I'm pretty sure those of us with HE's should plan to remove the quarter panels to remove the other parts that attach to the hump from behind rather than trying to cut them in place. Even though Partsouq has a (much) better price on the HE parts, I decided to give McGeorge the business as they spent time helping me out.

Last edited:
I just finished an email exchange with the parts guy at McGeorge Toyota and the part numbers you're looking for to get the single cup holder and hump combo are:

64933-60010-C0​
64934-60010-C0​

If you don't have the black interior, you would need to adjust the C0 at the end to match your interior color. I'm not sure if this part was used outside of the Heritage Edition, though I would expect it to be used in any 200 series that was sold without 3rd row seats. He said that the above parts are actually available. Info on partsouq.com was actually useful in tracking these parts down and it turns out that parsouq has the parts available:

The 2 cup holder version that those of us with Heritage Editions need to switch to in order to install the updated Kaon brackets are:

66992-60010-C0​
66991-60040-C0​

He told me that 66992-60010-C0 is on national backorder and may take a while to get, but 66991-60040-C0 is available. Partsouq does not appear to have either of these parts listed on their site.

I know it's stupid and I'm wasting some money here, but I decided to order a pair of each. The HE parts will give me a spare set in case I end up cutting the factory parts up. The non-HE parts, if they actually show up, will give me a cleaner solution. Looking at the parts diagrams, I'm pretty sure those of us with HE's should plan to remove the quarter panels to remove the other parts that attach to the hump from behind rather than trying to cut them in place. Even though Partsouq has a (much) better price on the HE parts, I decided to give McGeorge the business as they spent time helping me out.

Great info, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom