Kansas City Missouri Stolen!! My 80 series is missing please help. (Update) Recovered!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
Sometime between Monday afternoon and this morning, my beloved 1996 White 80 series was stolen! It was being kept in a storage lot. Judging by the tire tracks and by the fact that the battery was disconnected, it was likely winched onto a flat bed and stolen. I've owned it for over 20 years and I'm more than sentimental. Also it had a brand new set of OEM steelies with new lugs, and a NIB Magnaflow down pipe with 2nd cat. It has had some minor, not great, body work done by me on the passenger side rear quarter panel. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it and if any of those parts pop up on anyone's radar, please let me know. It has been reported as stolen as of this morning. It even still has the TLC member sticker in the back window. Thanks in advance for any assistance, I hate that people think they can take other people's things!!

Josh Uecker
816-516-2438

Notify the Border Patrol before the perps drive it over the border, oops, nevermind they're busy driving people to hotels.

Seriously (and sadly) it's likely long gone. Contact the police and your insurance company. Did the lot have a security camera? Any other residence or business on the street have a security camera, door bell camera?

I would collect up some sales figures from Bring A Trailer (BAT) and send the sales figures with links to the insurance company.

This is my nightmare, recently saw some day workers next door staring and drooling over the 80's parked in the driveway. Waiting for them to come back with a flatbed.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Sometime between Monday afternoon and this morning, my beloved 1996 White 80 series was stolen! It was being kept in a storage lot. Judging by the tire tracks and by the fact that the battery was disconnected, it was likely winched onto a flat bed and stolen. I've owned it for over 20 years and I'm more than sentimental. Also it had a brand new set of OEM steelies with new lugs, and a NIB Magnaflow down pipe with 2nd cat. It has had some minor, not great, body work done by me on the passenger side rear quarter panel. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it and if any of those parts pop up on anyone's radar, please let me know. It has been reported as stolen as of this morning. It even still has the TLC member sticker in the back window. Thanks in advance for any assistance, I hate that people think they can take other people's things!!

Josh Uecker
816-516-2438
What address or area was this stored?

What address or area was this stored?
301 W 73rd Street. It was being stored in a fenced in lot until the tennant moved out this past week. They must have been waiting to pounce dammit.

301 W 73rd Street. It was being stored in a fenced in lot until the tennant moved out this past week. They must have been waiting to pounce dammit.
I'll ask our warehouse folks to keep an eye out.

KCMO, right?

You might want to post pictures that might distinguish it from any other LC. Also a plate number.

Sorry to hear.

PHOTOS will help here.

As mentioned, scour the area for cameras, and the sooner the better as a lot of them overwrite on daily or weekly cycles. If you find any, ask owner/etc. to if you can view the period in question, or if they can. If you see something, RECORD IT WITH YOUR PHONE IN HI-RES, and ask for a copy, which should have a time stamp. (The phone thing is in case the original gets wiped, or the owner later turns uncooperative.)

Any chance the now ex-tenant could be part of it? Even if not, maybe they saw or heard something relevant if the place was cased beforehand?

One more reason to hate the uptick in 80 values...

I'll bet this has a lot to do with the ex-tenant or the landlord getting everything cleaned out, thinking it was theirs (unless you're the landlord....)

Any liens on the lot? Is this something the owner of the lot might do to recoup losses?? Check with local towing services to ask if they moved it for someone else (not sure if a tow service would do that without some legal piece of paper).

Ooh, interesting thought!

Apologies, looking through old photos to see if I have a good one to share. It does have OEM JDM side marker turn signals on the front quarter panels that I added, and I removed the running boards so it just has front and rear OEM flaps (the ones made for 80s with no running boards. Other than that, it is a bone stock, white '96 LC.

Apologies, looking through old photos to see if I have a good one to share. It does have OEM JDM side marker turn signals on the front quarter panels that I added, and I removed the running boards so it just has front and rear OEM flaps (the ones made for 80s with no running boards. Other than that, it is a bone stock, white '96 LC.
Any photos of what those items look like? Couldn't hurt. Hope you find it!

It's probably sitting stripped on the street somewhere.
Check the court websites in the surrounding counties for parking tickets!!! I had a car stolen and I recovered it on my own. I went to the court websites in the neighboring counties and put my license plate number in and boom! A bunch of tickets on a street in the hood in Oakland. There it was, all tore up, needles, etc.
Good luck.

5E8BA96B-973A-4A62-B5F1-99DA00B8091E.jpeg

Like this but now no running boards just OEM non running board front mudguards, bumper is faded and it has OEM JDM orange side marker Tun signals in the front quarter panels…oh and it’s also not this clean and sparkly. Tan (oak) interior, OEM seat heater switches, hand throttle. Big tear in front drivers side seat. I’m looking for a good recent picture.

7E990F99-A28D-43E0-A90A-0D7F5BCDAE54.jpeg

I’m in KC and will be on the lookout. That’s Waldo, yeah? Have you posted this to the Tornado Alley Cruisers Clubhouse page?

Last edited:
I’m in KC and will be on the lookout. That’s Waldo, yeah? Have you posted this to the Tornado Alley Cruisers Clubhouse page?
Thanks! Yep Waldo. I did post it over on the TAC forum as well. I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom