For Sale Kansas: 1987 FJ60 - Price Reduced (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Selling for usual reasons, new kid, no time to project etc. What's left to project on this truck is basically only cosmetic IMHO. Clean KS title in hand. 190k miles. Price reduced: $12k.

The good:

• BFG 33” KO2s like new
• ARB front bumper
• Warn winch works but old
• Kaymar rear bumper/tire carrier
• All emissions removed
• New Alternator
• New regulators for both front windows
• New suspension (all components new): Doninson’s 2.5”
• New headlights: VisionX Vortex
• New cooling system
o New radiator
o New pump
o New thermostat
o New hoses
• New carb: Weber 38mmdgas
• New clutch & pilot bearing
• Flywheel resurfaced
• New AC
o New A/C compressor
o New A/C drier
o New A/C expansion valve
• New front knuckles and wheel bearings
• Rebuilt transfer case
• New Entire Brake System with all components and hardware new
o Terrain Tamer front rotors
o New Front Calipers/pads
o New Rear Brake Drums & Shoes
o New Master Cylinder
• New Tie rod ends
• New Valve Cover Gasket, side cover gasket, pan gasket, timing cover gaskets inner and outer
• New front main seal
• New Rear Main Seal

Papers for the vast majority of this work in hand.

The bad:

Driver's seat. Rust pictured. Needs some electrical work - radio and cigarette port not working. Fog lights not working. Powder coat on wheels is pealing off. Carpet is functional but you'll probably want to replace due to wear in rear and it's detached from tailgate.

20200513_131055404_iOS.jpg

20200513_131101490_iOS.jpg

20200513_131107744_iOS.jpg

20200513_131117401_iOS.jpg

20200513_131124890_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
No offers? Just because all the fun projecting has been done already? I'd prefer a sell but am open to trades on a newer 3/4 ton. I currently have a 2007 F250 that I'm willing to work into the right deal.

Maybe no offers is a sign that my 60 and I should stay together forever?

Maybe no offers is a sign that you should stay together...

IMHO, your asking price is above market given the various rust/interior issues; you've clearly spent significant time and cost in getting it to where it is today, however the next owner is going to have serious costs to get it "over the finish line". Being an Oregonian, I'm not as familiar with what is acceptable rust, but what can be seen is a fair amount of rust and some of that rust in the lower body panels and A pillar would cause me to steer clear.

Good luck and I'd love to be proven wrong - my 60 series is the same color, my favorite!

Maybe no offers is a sign that you should stay together...

IMHO, your asking price is above market given the various rust/interior issues; you've clearly spent significant time and cost in getting it to where it is today, however the next owner is going to have serious costs to get it "over the finish line". Being an Oregonian, I'm not as familiar with what is acceptable rust, but what can be seen is a fair amount of rust and some of that rust in the lower body panels and A pillar would cause me to steer clear.

Good luck and I'd love to be proven wrong - my 60 series is the same color, my favorite!
I completely agree that the body condition will cause most to stay away. I guess I was hoping for the right customer who is able to perform body and interior work themselves and would appreciate a large list of mechanical items to already be checked off. Maybe they don't exist.

I completely agree that the body condition will cause most to stay away. I guess I was hoping for the right customer who is able to perform body and interior work themselves and would appreciate a large list of mechanical items to already be checked off. Maybe they don't exist.
I think the challenge is that they do likely exist, but after that amount of work they may end up with a rig that's in the $15k to $20k range; IMHO you are likely needing to be priced in the $10k range to account for the remaining work.

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious, but is the choke missing? Also, is that an aftermarket center console, and if so, do you know where it’s from?

Sorry if I’m missing something obvious, but is the choke missing? Also, is that an aftermarket center console, and if so, do you know where it’s from?
Yup, the choke is missing because the new carb has an electric choke. Starts up better in the winter (and all the time) now than it did with the manual choke.

Center console is a Tuffy locking console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom