For Sale Kalispell MT, Mostly built 96 LX450, 236k NOT LOCKED, NO RUST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Color
Silver
After much internal debate, the hard choice has been made to offer my beloved 80 up for sale. Its a 96 LX with 236k on the clock, NOT LOCKED and NO RUST . I bought this about a year ago, in its current condition built by the owner previous to whom I bought it form, as the kid I got it from didnt really know much and bought it because "cool". From what I have been able to piece together truck was bought and lived most of its life in SoCAL, and then was located in So UT at some point fairly recently, the guy I bought it from brought it NW MT and drove it seldomly, with only a few winter days, as I was told. I bought it last fall and its just sat I have put maybe 1000 miles on it since I bought it, I haven't been home more than a few days at a time since fall of 20.

What I know
*NO RUST !!!!!! Really I mean it NO RUST !!!!!!! super clean everywhere
* All vin tags match and are present on all but the drivers fender
*Lift is OME 851/861 OME yellow shock combo thats very new, as the paper tags were still pretty clean legible when I bought it
*35x12.50.17 Toyo open country are aprox 1/3 worn
*Wheels are FJ Cruiser trail team 8 hole style (may be oem, I have never looked for casting numbers) powder coated to lower body color, totaling 5 with a full size spare in the back
*ARB Bull bar looks really good, has a couple of scratches on the drivers side with a non warn but IIRC 12k winch and synthetic line (super winch maybe)
*rear bumper appears to a home built, that cut the factory rear cross member, with most of the parts to build a tire carrier
*Drivers seat recoverd pass side is in good OEM condition with some cracking in the lower back bolster Rear seats and 3 row in good OEM condition for the age
* 7 Pin mod (center diff lock switch) done and working
* Pioneer touch screen android head unit that is functional but showing age I think its form about 2015
* New boy racer looking speakers in the doors
* I replaced all 4 tie rod ends last fall with OEM toyota parts
* New battery in april of the this year
* Evidence of the head gasket being done but not paper work to prove it
*2 cheap light bars on the front bumper
* all windows and sun roof work (slowly like a 80 but they are functional)
* oil and fluids last fall, Coolant was good as was the trans/Tcase so diffs were drained and filled about 600 miles ago
* Knuckels got a tube and half of Valvoline Palladium about 600 miles ago
Clean MT title in hand

The not so good
* A spot of clear coat peeling between the sun roof and wind screen
* Small dent in the rear drivers quarter
* Drivers fender is after market, everything else looks good (deer hit maybe though I have no idea)
* Battery drain when sits for long periods, more than a month to 6 weeks ( I am thinking its the light bar/switches)
* throttle cable return spring is weak or cable is worn as it idles a little high when you dont keep the cable exercised regularly
* Common oil leak areas are active some more than others (I havent seen the truck in months so dont recall right off which ones are the worst but none are "bad")
*rear bumper needs to be completed to get the spare out of the cargo area
* Really needs the Delta rear lift bracket to correct the rear thrust angle as the ol girl is a little darty
* Needs Caster correction of some kind
* red paint was spilled in the rear cargo area at some point and was cleaned up well enough but there is some still there but its minimal
* While I have a few short back country trips on it, I feel it could use some further base lining just for peace of mind

I am looking for 17k, I think I am being fair given what most of the market has been selling for recently, and I am willing to be somewhat flexible for a MUD member and if its going to the right home. I am in no hurry to sell nor do I "have to sell" so low balls will be ignored. RUST FREE 80's are getting very hard to find

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr

by mrsleeve, on Flickr