KAIXEN HID KITS - Get 3X more brightness than your halogens! Special iH8mud offer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Hi guys!

A customer of mine from the Rx7club.com actually forwarded me - since he owns a 86 Land Cruiser and he tells me that the lighting for these cars are just horrible.

- Personally, I wouldnt know because I dont own one myself. :)

So, I got special permission from Brian to post this here.

Just wanting to see what sort of interest there is for very high quality, Kaixen HID Kits.

What is HID?

HID (high intensity discharge) : The light is emitted from an arc discharge between two closely spaced electrodes hermetically sealed inside a small quartz glass tubular envelope capsule. To operate, they require ballasts, which supply proper voltage and control current. The amount of light produced is greater than a standard halogen bulb, while consuming less power, and more closely approximating the color temperature of natural daylight.

• 3 X brighter than any Halogen bulbs. Typical halogen bulbs will give you anywhere between 500 to 1000 Lumens, while consuming 55 watts or more. HID on the other hand will give you 3200 Lumens (based on 4300K) which is more than 3 times the light output of halogens.
    The difference in light output is like day and night.
  • Whiter light: The color temperature of HID lighting more closely approximates the color temperature of natural daylight than does a halogen system, which appears yellowish in comparison.
    You also have the option of getting Pure White (5000K), Crystal white (White with blue in certain angles), Cyrstal purple (6500K), and Crystal blue. (8500K)
  • Consumer less power. Only 35 watts of power is used.
  • Lasts almost 10 times longer than halogens. HID bulbs will last around 2500 hours of usage. This means, it will last around 3 to 5 years of regular usage.

img03.gif

text04.gif

s_tit04.gif

text06.gif

s_tit05.gif

text07.gif

text08.gif

productpicture.jpg

KAIXEN HID KITS:

KEY FACTS:
1. These are 100% genuine Made in Korea brand.
2. Kaixen HID kits were first sold using Philips / Matshushita ballasts and bulbs starting in 1999. Since then, Kaixen has recieved its own license as well as hiring several key engineers from Germany to develop its own high quality ballast / bulbs since 2002.
3. Only other company other than Philips to develop the diamond-cut bulbs.
4. Kaixen is ISO2001 registered, E13 certified, KQA quality assurance certified.
5. All Kits are made direct from the factory, and are not "rebased" as most Philips HID kits are made.
6. Fit and finish quality is second to none.
7. Quality comparable if not better than OEM material.
8. Comes with 1-year full replacement warranty (ship back to Toronto, Canada).

Competitive comparision:
1. Made in China / Taiwan products: Yes, it's cheap. But not by large margins. Although "Made in China" products have improved in recent years, most of the HID manufacturers in China are poorly managed, uses cheap labour (more risk of defects), uses cheaper raw materials (risk of defects), and fit and finish is poor compared to other Korean / Japanese / German brands. There's a reason why many of these kits (mostly sold on EBAY) are sold for around $200 or $250. It's because it costs that much less to build, many times, cutting corners in areas that shouldn't be cut.

2. OEM / Philips: Direct OEM replacements cost around $600 per one side (over $1000 for both sets). Therefore, many people go to the "next bext thing" = Philips. However, what most people dont know is that Philips do not make variety of sizes. Philip's buyers (like Audi do not use all variations of sizes). This is why many resellers "rebase" the Philips bulbs to make it fit into sizes that are not originally made from Philips factory. There is a risk of product defect because of this modification. This is also another reason that many Philips kit's warranty is only valid from the reseller, and not from Philips head office.

As a comparision, Kaixen manufacturers ALL sizes and colours directly from their manufacturing facility in South Korea. There is no rebasing or modification done outside of the factory, and all warranty is offered directly from Kaixen.

http://www.kaixenkits.com/hid3_files/text07.gifhttp://www.kaixenkits.com/hid3_files/s_tit04.gif

Some Pictures:

pics1.jpg

sonata.jpg

Price:
$299 USD plus $19.95 USD shipping to anywhere in the US / Canada.
Pick up is available for Toronto locations. Pick up price is $299 USD or $350 CAD.

Kaixen also carries H4 bulb High / low kits. These are slider function true HID high / low, unlike other brands with Halogen high and HID low. GB price is $369 USD plus shipping for these.

It takes 5 to 10 days for Kaixen to prep the HID kits, and another week or so to have them shipped to me. I will than ship them via Express Post (4 business day delivery).
Total expected time of delivery after GB is complete is 2 to 3 weeks.

This is a Group Buy pricing, but I'll be doing a special on here (no group buy needed) for ih8mud.com members.

Feel free to PM me, email me (sales@autodoodad.com) or reply to this post at any time.

For more info:

www.autodoodad.com
www.kaixenkits.com

Aren't HID kits illegal to sell in the US now?

How do you compensate for blinding oncoming traffic? I mean, without the correct reflectors/lenses/etc... you're putting out a lot of light and letting it go everywhere, no direction to it.

Doc said:
Aren't HID kits illegal to sell in the US now?

How do you compensate for blinding oncoming traffic? I mean, without the correct reflectors/lenses/etc... you're putting out a lot of light and letting it go everywhere, no direction to it.

Technically, yes, all HID kits are illegal if used in non-HID equipped cars. However, this rule was pressured by users who used non anti-glare shielding H4 bulbs in H4 housings. H4 housings use one bulb for low beam and high beam. Halogen bulbs are controlled by power managment (more power output for high beam). However, HID bulbs are cconstant power output. So, its like driving with high beam on all the time with HID on H4 housings.

This is the biggest reason why you get those "blinding glare" problems in some cars - like older Civics..etc.

Many chinese made, or taiwan made kits do not have anti-glare shielding like Kaixen's H4.

Also, it dpeneds on what year you are using this on...

For example, for '86 Land Cruiser, you are using sealed H6024 bulbs.
FOr this, you have to convert it into H4 compatible housing like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CRYSTAL-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-H4-CONVERSION-H6024_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQitemZ8034926533QQrdZ1

After doign this conversion (which is very cheap and easy to do),
you can install H4 HID bulbs in there. You have a choice of Low beam only, or dual-action bixenon (high / low beam).

Dual-action bixenons are $369 USD plus shipping, while low only is $299 USD plus shipping.

These are true-HId bixenons, and not like the other ones with cheap halogen bulbs for high beam under the low beam HID. (more problems in the long run).

For an example, take a look at this photo:

h4.jpg

I don't think they are illegal to sell, but illegal to use if not DOT approved, kinda like a higher wattage bulb, or a muffler that is louder than the original, or wider tires that stick out past the mud flap, or tinted front door windows can be technically illegal, it's up to the user wether they want to take the risk or not.

firetruck41 said:
I don't think they are illegal to sell, but illegal to use if not DOT approved, kinda like a higher wattage bulb, or a muffler that is louder than the original, or wider tires that stick out past the mud flap, or tinted front door windows can be technically illegal, it's up to the user wether they want to take the risk or not.

yup pretty much.

if you use proper projectors or proper hid kits (With the anti-glare cut off shield), you shouldnt have any problems with the cops.

its when you run very coloured (purple, blue) kits without the anti-glare shield (like driving with high beam) that you get the attention of others and the cops.

wow.

I'm torn. My lights suck...but do they suck that much? But...they're dang kewl...

Because someone's bound to ask -- will these work with the 91-97 Land Cruisers?

NorCalDoug said:
wow.

I'm torn. My lights suck...but do they suck that much? But...they're dang kewl...

My question as well. Would you need seperate HID's for the low and high beam portion of the enclosure @ $299 ea.? Kinda pricey :frown:

Tucker

tucker74 said:
My question as well. Would you need seperate HID's for the low and high beam portion of the enclosure @ $299 ea.? Kinda pricey :frown:

Tucker

Tucked away in the original post:
After doign this conversion (which is very cheap and easy to do),
you can install H4 HID bulbs in there. You have a choice of Low beam only, or dual-action bixenon (high / low beam).

Dual-action bixenons are $369 USD plus shipping, while low only is $299 USD plus shipping.

So...for HI and LO you're looking at $369.

That's a lotta coin for bright lights...

I think that's for the 60's single lamp replacement - you have to remove the 7" bulb and put an enclosure in for the dual ($369) HID bulb. For an 80 - we already have an enclosure with separate low and high beams. So the dual wouldn't work ...

We would either have to buy a new enclosure designed for the 80 (only have these for JDM IIRC) or mod our OEM to shield somehow. Need more info ... looks like alot of coin either way.

Tucker

NorCalDoug said:
wow.

91-97 LC's take 9006 application bulbs for LOW BEAM.

So the answer is yes, its straight forward "plug and play" installation for your cars.

NorCalDoug said:
Tucked away in the original post:

So...for HI and LO you're looking at $369.

That's a lotta coin for bright lights...

Not sure exactly what years Land Cruisers takes the bixnenons.. but they're only for cars with H4 housings.

91 ~ 97 is 9006 application.

And yes, Kaixen HID kits are little more costly (around $20 ~ $50) than other "ebay" HID brands. Or Other chinese brands such as McCulloch, Prolumen, Eagle Sun, Techones, etc.

You can find these kits raning from $250 shipped to $350 shipped.

Reason for the price difference is simple.

Why would you pay $1000 for a Sony TV, and only pay $300 for a same size Electrohome Zeller's brand TV?

With HID's, if you go with cheaper brands, you face more risk of having defective bulbs or ballasts that burns out faster, colour fades faster, or light flickers.

You can do searches on the internet and see both good and bad reviews of them.

In any case, it's really worth the money to get HID's. However, it's all upto you guys whether you want them or not.
I guess, it goes for the samething -- its nice to get leather seats.. but is it worth it for you or not? Or even sunroof... etc. :)

If you're happy with your halogen lighting - than stick with it, or maybe try Silverstars (some say its good, some say no difference with their stock halogens).

If you want HID, but don't want to pay for higher quality kits, there are lots of kits on ebay that you can get - I've seen some as low as $200 plus shipping.

If you want HID, and get something that is known for its quality and repuation - go with Kaixens: and thats why I'm here. :)

I just put the same pair of housings/lenses from autodoodad's ebay link into my 60. I didnt want to drop a lot of coin of housings since I dont drive the 60 all that much. The lenses, for the $20 or so I spent on them, are pretty darn nice and produce a much needed improvement over stock. I probably have over twice as much light, dispersed better than the pinpoint stock sealed beams. Stock harness too.

chitown40 said:
I just put the same pair of housings/lenses from autodoodad's ebay link into my 60. I didnt want to drop a lot of coin of housings since I dont drive the 60 all that much. The lenses, for the $20 or so I spent on them, are pretty darn nice and produce a much needed improvement over stock. I probably have over twice as much light, dispersed better than the pinpoint stock sealed beams. Stock harness too.

Hi, do you have pictures for them?

I think other members here would like to see them. :)

LX_TREME said:
Do you have Yellow HID for '97 Landcruiser (High Beam) pic maybe?

Yellow HID from Kaixen is rated 3500K.
Unfortunately, I dont have pictures for them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom