kahlifornia + carb cleaner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so in kahlifornia, you can't buy the gallon of kleen-flow/carb/parts cleaner, etc. it's illegal.

i'm going to rebuild my carb and want to soak the bits in parts cleaner, what do you other california folks use?

do you just use gasoline?

Last edited:
I've used McKay parts dip. Used to buy it at a CarQuest affiliated parts store. Smells horrible, works great. The last time I bought it was about 8-9 years ago so not sure if it's still available.

Wow, that blows! Used to be able to buy it at all the parts stores there, guess you'll have to get some imported from another state.

evidently the people i talked to were misinformed. or maybe it was that specific brand of stuff or something. i don't know. i found some similar stuff at autozone.

I found Berryman's Chem Dip in the gallon can at the local Napa parts store about 6 - 8 months ago. Had to ask the guy at the counter, as they didn't have it on display.

Go to a paint store and get a can of xylene, also called xylol in some shops. It works great. It dissolved 30 year old undercoating off my 40 without lifting the paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom