kahlifornia + carb cleaner (1 Viewer)

so in kahlifornia, you can't buy the gallon of kleen-flow/carb/parts cleaner, etc. it's illegal.

i'm going to rebuild my carb and want to soak the bits in parts cleaner, what do you other california folks use?

do you just use gasoline?

Last edited:

I've used McKay parts dip. Used to buy it at a CarQuest affiliated parts store. Smells horrible, works great. The last time I bought it was about 8-9 years ago so not sure if it's still available.

Wow, that blows! Used to be able to buy it at all the parts stores there, guess you'll have to get some imported from another state.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers

I don't know where you shop but you can still buy a 5 gallon pail of Berrymans carb cleaner in California.

You generally have to buy it at a petrolium jobber, not an AutoZone, Kragen, Napa, Wal-Mart store.

I found Berryman's Chem Dip in the gallon can at the local Napa parts store about 6 - 8 months ago. Had to ask the guy at the counter, as they didn't have it on display.

Go to a paint store and get a can of xylene, also called xylol in some shops. It works great. It dissolved 30 year old undercoating off my 40 without lifting the paint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom