Kabal's HDJ 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
just before Covid, I've bought '99 Land Cruiser 100 (1HD-FTE which I see is quite rare here). At start Toyota gets Dobinsons suspension, Nolathane bushings in whole suspension, steering etc, steering rebuild, ball joints, cv joints, front bearings, brakes, fluids, snorkel, 285/75/16 BFG AT KO2, drawers in trunk. I need to remove some rust at autumn.
For now I have problem with leaking after heavy rain. There is no sunroof. Water get in the car thru ventilation fan. Any suggestion?
I've found here FSM but only for petrol, do you know where can I find FSM for my engine?
Some photos of my Toyota :)
Best regards

Hi,
just before Covid, I've bought '99 Land Cruiser 100 (1HD-FTE which I see is quite rare here). At start Toyota gets Dobinsons suspension, Nolathane bushings in whole suspension, steering etc, steering rebuild, ball joints, cv joints, front bearings, brakes, fluids, snorkel, 285/75/16 BFG AT KO2, drawers in trunk. I need to remove some rust at autumn.
For now I have problem with leaking after heavy rain. There is no sunroof. Water get in the car thru ventilation fan. Any suggestion?
I've found here FSM but only for petrol, do you know where can I find FSM for my engine?
Some photos of my Toyota :)

Best regards

Where is the leak showing up? Many people are getting leaks from a poorly installed front windshield in the passenger area as another area to check.

Where is the leak showing up? Many people are getting leaks from a poorly installed front windshield in the passenger area as another area to check.
Water drip thru the fan. I've started from the pit. Clean, paint with epoxy and seal with poliurethane mass. But it still leaks when I rinse widshield with water. I don't think that is windshield.

Congrats on the truck! Be aware that the 1HD-FTE versions uses different torsion bars than the V8 petrols do (different length). Most cars on this site are petrols, so their recommended torsion bars won't work for you, although most brands make torsion bars for both type of cars, just be sure to get the diesel one.

Congrats on the truck! Be aware that the 1HD-FTE versions uses different torsion bars than the V8 petrols do (different length). Most cars on this site are petrols, so their recommended torsion bars won't work for you, although most brands make torsion bars for both type of cars, just be sure to get the diesel one.
Thanks. I've already changed all suspension to Dobinsons. My friend is importer of Dobinsons and Nolathane, so he choose and send me all stuff. I didn't even noticed which springs he choose. I checked that after installation. I have +50-100 kg spring, which are great with drawers and camping equipment in trunk. Empty car was a little to stiff. Now its perfect for a car with poliurethane bushings everywhere.
In Poland, 1HD-FTE is most popular (100 series isn't so popular at all), so there is more complicated to service petrol engine. Here, most popular are Prados (especially 90 and 120). Toyota is quite expensive in service (especially parts) here. I've got Mitsubishi Pajero before LC for over 10 years, and it was about half cheaper with everything and with tons of aftermarket parts. Some part prices for LC are ridiculous (sometimes double price vs prices in US).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom