k5 bumper w/ swingout tire carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sean

Supporting Vendor
Threads
2x6 3/16 wall bumper. 2x2 and 2x3 .120 swingarm.2" dom reciever for tire. 1/4 plate. slides over and bolts onto ord shackle flip. bolts into bottom and side of frame. big 'ol 1750lb trailer spindle. with matching comp 4x4 bearing housing that is 2.625 od with a .375 wall. i used de sta co 2k compression latch from grainger. gonna put in 1/2 drop pin to ensure it stays closed. welded by my beloved miller 211. soon i will put on some 1" thick shackle mounts, and a 2" reciever. weighs around 140lbs. and it holds my 37 really tight. more pics to come soon.

:cheers:
IMG_1831.jpg
IMG_1822.jpg
IMG_1824.jpg

Last edited:
reciever and shackle mounts

2 "reciver is dom, specifically made for recievers.you can see what is left of the seam from backside pic. yes it is dom. i wrapped a piece of .25 x .5 flat bar around the end to reinforce it. 1" thick shackle mounts.
IMG_1835.jpg
IMG_1834.jpg

thanks bill! not too fancy, simple and strong. got a few ideas from military h1 design. i will post a pic when i get it painted and on my truck.

update

finally bolted it on. the frame brackets i made bolt onto the bottom and side of the frame and bolt into the ord shackle flip. clevis mounts pass thru bumper and tie into frame bracket. it holds a 37x14.5x15 toyo open country spare. lifting the spare on the thing not so easy.
IMG_2446.jpg

thanks man, if you have a 2 inch body lift on either of your trucks i would sell you this one if you wanted. or if you dont have a body lift maybe one of these days i could build you one.

thanks man, if you have a 2 inch body lift on either of your trucks i would sell you this one if you wanted. or if you dont have a body lift maybe one of these days i could build you one.

Are you serious about selling that bumper and tire carrier? I am interested.. Does it require a two inch body lift in order to mate up properly? How much?

Thanks

My 69 doesn't but I'm pretty sure my Jimmy does. I'll check it out and PM you.

Thanks!

Skip

they are up for grabs. a 2 inch body lift is needed to make fit right.

anyone in san diego area interested? i can make new brackets to fit any year k5 with or without body lift.

Hey im up in the LA area...can you make one for my Truck?

87 1 ton crew cab...i want a carrier on it...

the frame is a bit wider that the 1/2 and 3/4 tons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom