just wondering? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.imagestation.com
I am building a landcruiser

going to be using a newer frame which had a 2f+4spd on it but tub was hurtin so i found a 71 tub that was worth redoing and i redid the floors and rockers etc. the tub was on the frame during the resto but the motor wasnt
anyways I was just wondering if the thranny/transfercase might not have enuf clearance from thefloor of the tub?
will I have to do a body lift?

if you know tell me!

Enough people have performed 2F/4-speed swaps into their 73-older Cruisers that I don't suspect there is a problem....or not one that I've ever heard of.

yeah,
a PO put an 84ish 2f in my 72 with no problems, and from what i see, the 4spd wouldn't be much of a problem at all, tub-wise.

jonathan

thanks

I just wanted to make sure cuz the floor pans on the older tubs are slightly different that of the new ones

also the 4 spd is a longer tranny

Just put a 2F and 4speed into my '65 45LWB the only problem I ran ino was I had to cut/trim a little piece off the passenger side floor board so the throwout fork and slave cylender would clear, I trimmed alittle extra for body twist.
You might have to have your driveshafts adjusted, because the 4speed is longer than the three speed.

yeah,

you have to change up the driveshafts, and you might have to cut some of the hump for the shifter to fit through, depending on what you do with the xcase & driveshafts.

yeah the clutch is the other side on the 2f

driveshaft shouldnt be an issue cuz i have two sets of 3spd shafts and two sets of 4spds

the driveshafts can be half 3spd and half 4spd cuz I have old style axles (72) i think?

as for the tranny hump its been hacked cuz the 71 tub I have used to be a jumping truck with a 350 chev.

when I got the 71 tub it was mostly parted out but I got the heavy duty scattershield that goes in between the stock 4spd and the 350 set up for a hydraulic clutch! super tuff but Im sticking with the toyota 6 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom