just when you think you have seen most original FJ40 related Vintage TV commercials , this finds me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@JohnnyC

have you ever seen anything like this before ?

this is very very interesting ..............!

it’s not exactly Land Cruiser, but I love these commercials. It has a 40 in it though, and it’s mentioned too

there went all my useful time today...

A lot of the early ads were filmed by Hil Probert … by his dealership

"'Toyota Road' which was a road cut straight up through the woods from Madrone Canyon to Fireroad 10 where Probert's Toyota had supposedly tested & filmed Toyota Landcruisers in the early 1960's."
There are several posted on mud here and there… this is one of Proberts:

Btw it is not supposedly … it is 100% fact as there was a thread in a proberts town that I was enquiring about these and it is 100% true

A lot of the early ads were filmed by Hil Probert … by his dealership

"'Toyota Road' which was a road cut straight up through the woods from Madrone Canyon to Fireroad 10 where Probert's Toyota had supposedly tested & filmed Toyota Landcruisers in the early 1960's."
There are several posted on mud here and there… this is one of Proberts:

1960s definitely was the heyday of US advertising for the Land Cruiser. Maybe because they needed it to carry the brand so much in the early days. I have never seen anything newer.

The Camel cigarette promotional people would come to the bars when I was in college and give out free mini packs of cigarettes to get us drunk a$$ college students hooked. Dime draws and dollar pitchers plus free cigarettes. It was my own fault. It took me nearly 10 years to rid myself of that nasty habit. I still like beer though.

There are three later ones that I remember… one was for a 60 series about mom brings a bunch of kids to a baseball little league thing then it was either the dad or son taking it off road … there was two others for the 80 series … one came out when the brochure with Marvs LV was on it … it had the LV in the commercial as well

Then the other 80 series one was it driving in and around San fransiko? The one with the big hilly streets then pulling up to a valet … it talked about it being refined

At least that’s the way I remember them … most likely many more … but those I remember

there were just adds like toyotathon that snipped a shot here and there of several cars

And also the oh what a feeling ads as well may have had a cruiser … I remember a lot of pickups in those

And btw the 90’s was a big push of the pickup … that’s even when the tlca was have a push to admit other than LC in the club… our NJ brothers were at the helm of the tlca then … and there was a big riff in the club because of it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom