Just wanted to say hi, I'm part of the family now! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After about 6 months of looking at 80 series (which I quite honestly got priced out of), 4Runners, GX470s, and Xterras, I finally bought a 100 series! Its not the prettiest, it doesn't have the lowest miles, but I could comfortably afford it and it has been very well taken care of. It's a 99 with 244k miles on it, and its has the rear locker! The truck has had two previous owners, and started out its life in Colorado. The second owner bought it and shipped it to California in the year 2000. He's owned it ever since, and has had it serviced at the Toyota dealership in town and a local quick lube every few thousand miles. The timing belt was done at 100k and 200k..

The truck as a couple paint imperfections, the rear bumper is scratched, some interior imperfections, but the dash isn't cracked and the seats aren't ripped! All of the electrical stuff works good and so does the 4WD. The plan for this vehicle is for my wife to daily it around town while she finishes up her grad school online, then she will buy herself a vehicle. During that time I'm going slowly build it out for off-roading/overlanding. My brother has an 80 and my cousin just got a 3rd gen 4runner so we are sure to have some good times. I am super excited to have been able to get a Land Cruiser, especially since most people here in California are asking $15K to $25K for 100 series.

First order of business for me is to get the tires put back on the OEM wheels, next I plan to baseline the truck. I've found a couple helpful threads on here for that. After that I plan to get some skid plates and sliders for a little extra insurance. After that I will explore lift options and upgrade the cheap AT's that are on the truck now. If anyone can recommend a club in the Sacramento area let me know!

PXL_20211106_040752341.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome, looks like a good find and your future plans sound great !

Looks great in the pic! (minus the wheels)

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom