Just trew P0401 om my new 96 LX-450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is a photo of my new LX450. All options but Lockers

167130_1532535965626_1601582443_1088866_878005_n.jpg

IIRC, I spent about $350, roughly, in Parts. I get wholesale price from my local dealer. This was not including the price of my FSM.

just remembered you are IN vegas. Look up the thread on parts that I started in the snlc forum, contact Victor at Findley (his contact info is there) he will get you wholesale pricing on parts. Victor is great.

Fuel brand will not affect your trouble code or cause it. The very first thing I would check on, if I were you, is just remove your throttle body and check the port that was clogged in upper intake. The can get scraped out without the removal of the upper intake plenum. This seems to be one of the largest sources of the EGR code. You will want to get some new TB gaskets from Toyota before you do this, the TB should not be re-installed with the old gaskets.

my The gas you use may have effect on pinging, but a well running 1fzfe will not ping even with bad gas if it is in top working order - these are basically tractor engine designed to run on the worst fuel in the world. (mine pings a bit from time to time, FWIW). Try some Lucas additive or other fuel injector cleaner for a few tanks to clean the muck out. Mine does not seem picky, but I historically get the best mileage on Shell, IMHO.

Hi,

I got the same code (actually more than one, P0141, beside 0401) and couldn't pass the insp. of NJ.

I did not change any parts that were 0401 related, like EGR, VSV and Modulator, except for the rubber hoses. I did replace the oxy sensor (downstream), which made 0141 go away, about $35 at Rockauto clearance sale. I did clean up a little bit like taking off the EGR and clean the inside by compressed air and wire brush; also the EGR Gas Temp. sensor, which was fully covered with carbon. I replaced most of the rubber hoses around the Intake Manifold. Not sure if they help much.

Taking off and re-installing the EGR was really really a PITA. It cost me a whole day because I was too lazy to remove the Manifold. The freaking Japs design something that won't let you fix but it won't last forever either.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom