Just took delivery of a Prado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So it will be around 2028 before we can import one of these into the States???

Yup. The 90-series is available which is a cool rig in its own, but I feel the 120 is an improvement. I would rather have a 90 than a 150 though... and the 150 with a diesel is way far out on the timeline

Last edited:
Update: Dobinsons suspension. I decided to give my thoughts here since his is kind of a build thread and it might be easier for people to reference...

I went with the heavy springs up front 80-100kg C59-314) even though I don't have any bar work for dual battery. For the rears I went with the heavier of the mediums (300-400kg C59-329) and their twin tube shocks.

When we are at 90L or less on fuel (we have factory dual tanks) and are empty, this thing lets you know those rear springs are there :eek: It is very controlled at all times, but it is harsh. 180L of fuel, light camping supplies, ARB fridge, and 10L of water it is a bit better. We do have a hardshell RTT.

Blasting down corrugations, this thing is brilliant. Very controlled, the ride is great, braking is great. Actually, anytime it is in dirt it feels perfect.

We've got one shorter trip planned that is coming up and one bigger one. The bigger one will be in rougher conditions and require us to keep the tanks full and pack 50L of water onboard. I'll give and update on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom