Just Thinking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
I was just sitting here, waiting for work to get back to me during my smoke break, and thinking. There seems to be a few Northern BC, Northern Alberta, Vancouver Island guys (or hell, even Northern Europe; we are the most northern chapter right?)on this forum in the international section that do not belong to a club. I bet most are TLCA members, and would like to belong to a chapter, but are too far from the Coastal Cruisers or RMLCA. And seeing as we are more of a "space" club (even here in the peace we are spaced out quite a bit), instead of the meeting oriented Coastal Cruiser type club, we can give those searching souls a good home with the Swamp Donkey club. Should we be doing more recruiting? On the international thread page? Or are we just a small time club with links to the Peace Country?
Just thinking, if you think I am off my rocker, tell me. :doh: and I will go back to thinking other stupid things.
Cheers,
Deny
PS, Jim don't bother posting you think I am off my rocker, because I know you think that, the feeling is mutual buddy! :flipoff2:

Deny don't hurt yourself thinking. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wowzers.... didn't know I had the power to do that. Let me see if I can fix it.

Edit: Um, not quite what you had written... sorry! Honest mistake.

What I originally meant to write instead of messing with Jim's post

Well, we should be selective in who we let in of course.

According to our bylaws:

Regular Membership:
Persons seeking regular membership in the Peace Canyon Toyota Swamp Donkeys as regular votingmembers must meet the following requirements:

1. Must be approved by the Swamp Donkey Board of Directors

2. Must have demonstrated a deep appreciation for the superiority of Toyota vehicles

3. Must own a Toyota 4x4 vehicle, be in the process of acquiring a Toyota 4x4 vehicle, or have spent an excessive amount of time inside a Toyota 4x4 vehicle (as in is regularly a designated winch wench or wanker).

4. Must show proof of adequate 'in-force' vehicle insurance.

5. Participate in club functions as follows:

o Drive your 4WD vehicle in three club related activities
o Attend a club meeting
o Partake in our online activities

6. Must agree to join the Toyota Land Cruiser Association, Inc.

7. Submit $5.00 application fee (annually) with completion of application form.

The above requirements must be met within a one-year period.

Associate Members
By nomination of the Board of Directors and by majority vote of the membership, any suitable person or business may be elected to Associate Membership in the club, shall pay the same dues as regular members, shall not be entitled to vote, and shall not be entitled to hold any office of the club.

Members from Afar
Will be nominated by the Board of Directors, and by Majority vote of the club voting membership any suitable person or business may be elected to Members from Afar Membership in the club. These individuals will reside a minimum of 500km from Moberly Lake, British Columbia. They will pay no dues, shall not vote, and shall not be entitled to hold any office in the club.

So... we can welcome individuals aboard who meet that criteria. Now, of course, Deny as Prime Mooster can suggest we augment our bylaws to be voted upon at our next Annual General Meeting.

Whether or not we want to pursue membership is something we can discuss further. Until then... I believe we should welcome all who wish to have the honour of calling themselves a Swamp Donkey. We love those who love the TLC and the Peace Country... :cheers:

Last edited:
I agree Charla,
I guess if they are a TLCA member, they will see the club in the Trails, and anyone that is looking for a club will find it.
Cheers,
Deny

jfc said:
Deny don't hurt yourself thinking. :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Don't worry bro,
I'm in a Cube with no sharp corners! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom