just test drove a 1999 LX470 with 80k, fell in love (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well I had a bad experiance with a 01 TLC with 60k miles on it)another thread), i went to drive a 99 LX with 80k on it. I thought well this will be a waste.

I fell in love with the car, it was perfect on the inside, ran betterm and had a more comfy suspension setup.

now I will be getting a LX for sure, hopefully I can talk this guy down from his 25k asking price

Last edited:
for an 01 with those miles the price seems OK to me..............sure cheaper is better ;)

Sounds a tad high. See if he'll take $23k. You'll have a timing belt job coming up soon.

rule303 said:
Sounds a tad high. See if he'll take $23k. You'll have a timing belt job coming up soon.

are there any resources that tell me exactly what maintainance i need to expect at what miles, and how much they usually cost?

There is a 90k service that has the main item of timing belt replacement, and some replace the water pump at that time as a preventative measure.

This thread has some waterpump discussion that may be helpful in decision making. There is some off-topic arguing in it but look past those posts for the good information. :doh:

So far I'm at around 120,000 on my original and no problems. I fully expect it to last till my next timing belt change at 180,000 miles.

Here is another thread that as far as I know is the highest mileage 100 on the board; at over 197,000 miles. The original t-belt and water pump were still on it. Don't try that with the t-belt but it is interesting nonetheless. His water pump was fine as well.

I think you should get a quote for the 90k service at your local dealer and ask for that to be deducted from the price. That seems like a fair deal to me. Don't let it be a dealbreaker though if you REALLY like the vehicle in IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom