Trade Just Taking a Stab...Anyone Interested in Getting Back in an 80 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm getting itchy for a 200. I think the same could be said about a certain 200 series owner longing for their old 80 series back. That clean/low mileage 80 of yesteryear is probably tough to find. I have one. 1994 with 138K miles/built/2 owner/and CLEAN! If you're interested in a trade...lemme know via PM.

Maintenance/ramblings/pics here Time to Start Keeping Track of Stuff...Build/Maintenance/Adventure Thread

Additional pics/info via PM for anyone genuinely interested.

Last edited:
I'm getting itchy for a 200. I think the same could be said about a certain 200 series owner longing for their old 80 series back. That clean/low mileage 80 of yesteryear is probably tough to find. I have one. 127K miles/built/2 owner/and CLEAN! If you're interested in a trade plus some cash on my end...lemme know via PM.

Maintenance/ramblings/pics here Time to Start Keeping Track of Stuff...Build/Maintenance/Adventure Thread

Additional pics/info via PM for anyone genuinely interested.

I have a 2009 Landcruiser . 112500 miles. Asking $29500. What year is yours. Any mechanical problems. My cell no#2674555038

Interested in purchasing you 80 for cash. PM'd you. Saludos:beer:

Many thanks to all the PMs. History as requested:

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80. 138K original miles.

I am the second owner and have owned this vehicle for 7 years. The original owner had this rig for 18 years and maintained it very well. Oil changes were performed every 2-3K miles with other maintenance completed ahead of schedule with only Toyota OEM parts. The truck has been run on 91 octane only for 24 years and has only had 10W-30 engine oil as that is what is specified on the oil cap. Some prefer synthetic, but the original owner used conventional only, so that is what I have done with early change intervals.

I have continued that level of maintenance using only OEM parts and fluid changes every 2,500-3,000 miles. Front knuckles were rebuilt a few thousand miles ago using all OEM seals and gaskets with Koyo bearings all around, OEM tie rod ends, upgraded chromoly locking spindle nut, and Redline Moly Grease. No expense has ever been spared when it comes to maintenance! New OEM radiator, OEM T-stat, OEM heater valve, Gates green stripe PHH, OEM water pump, OEM rad cap, OEM rad hoses, OEM black hub clutch modified with 10K CST. New front brakes, rotors, Slee stainless lines, new OEM wheel studs professionally pressed, front hub restoration, and SLee drop blocks. New KING steering stabilizer. All replaced as preventative maintenance. Speedometer cluster went out a couple months ago and had it replaced at the dealership with a rare and pretty expensive no longer available OEM cluster shipped straight from Japan.

The seats, dash, and carpet have been completely covered since day 1 of ownership. They are in nearly factory original condition. It comes with the factory cloth mechanical seats that are very desirable as they hold their value due to the quality of the fabric. The rig has been garaged its entire life and the original metallic champagne/beige paint looks extremely good for the vintage. No fading on any of the paint and truck is rust-free.

The build is somewhat mild in an attempt to keep the vintage look while slightly adding to the capability. It has a Warn 8K winch, ARB front bumper, DC fabrications high clearance rear bumper, Cruisin Offroad custom 1/4" T case and Trans armor, PIAA and HELLA aux lights front and rear, Prinsu roof rack, OME 2.5 inch lift, new Fox 2.0 racing shocks, Trail Tailor recovery hooks, new White Knuckle sliders, and Toyo Open Country 35 inch tires. It has the center diff lock and a professionally installed Harrop/Eaton front E-locker (Best locker available anywhere). The front diff was sent to Zuk AKA Ken Francisco in AZ for the best install money can buy. The rig has the locker wired to the OEM locker switch in the dash...pretty sweet! New LRA 24 gallon aux tank installed by Valley Hybrids (whhaaaat! :cool:).

Obviously I'm a cruiser enthusiast and the truck has high end components installed by the best in the business...valuate accordingly.

This is my 3rd vehicle and is not a daily driver. It gets driven on weekends and adventure-type trips only. It is not perfect. It is 25 years old and there are a few minor flaws as with any non-restored vehicle of this age.

CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1994 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER: JT3DJ81W2R0071928
Interested in trade for 200. Located in Southern California.

Last edited:
Yep.

Any movement here? Interested on hearing about the deal if so.

Any movement here? Interested on hearing about the deal if so.
Had a few offers...nothing solid yet. She's clean, 138K miles, 2 owner, 100% California
truck, garaged for 25 years...tough to find in this condition.
20190614_134705.jpg
20190614_134715.jpg
engine.png

Yeesh! Nice! Cash price? Or trade only?

I see the above post. Just a suggestion. Name your price unless you want a bunch of lowballs.
Appreciate the suggestion. Still interested in a trade. OG FZJ-80 here...low mileage and tastefully built. Garaged and pampered for 25 years, paint is fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom