just some new pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I was fixing some stuff on the 60 while at work and I realized I never really got any good pics of my rig since I got it this past January. So I whipped out the old digital and snapped up a few and figured I'd post them up here. I mean, everybody likes pics right? Oh yeah, I don't have any resizing software here at work, so the pics are a little on the large size.

Exterior

Interior

Engine

Thank you to Eric (ericsbruisers) for the nice stock wheels. It took some work, but they cleaned up pretty nice.

Last edited:
Very nice. Eveytime I talk myself into saving up for an 80, I see a fine looking 60 like yours and convince myself that's what I need. I used to think white was the way to go, but the blue color is growing on me as well. :)

Wow! and it has Illinois plates! Must have been sheltered during the winters, or washed immediately after drivng in the salt-strewn roadways. That looks really nice.

Nice rig, showoff! :flipoff2:

Nial

That thing is CLEAN! very nice.

very clean - hope mine looks that good when i get it washed! :]

... what's the neat green button do?

Nice tidy 60 you have there. Photos are huge.

Don't forget that it's easy to resize your photos with MS Paint.
Open your pic in Paint, then select 'Image' then 'Stretch/Skew'.
Then enter 33% for horizontal and vertical stretch, and this will make your pics a lot smaller.
(or make the percentage smaller for a smaller pic)
Then 'save as' and make sure that it is a jpg and a different name than the original (if you don't want to overwrite the original).

Here's a quick pic of mine-
RIMG0909-sml.jpg

roddQLD what type of bumper is that looks like an ARB but is it?

also chitown40 your 60 is cleaner than my fj62 but it did grow up in MN. :(

Nice rig. Stock with a bit of attitude. I've now got mine as clean as that, but I have some PO trail carnage to contend with to make it to where yours is now.

Is it a chitown transplant? I thought all rigs up there would be a little more cancerous...

Hi 89s rule
I don't know what brand the bullbar is as I'm the third owner. The original owner would have had the bullbar, scrub bars, and steps fitted probably when the vehicle was new. When I bought it the bumper section of the bullbar looked dated because it was very square (ish) and boxy.

I removed the bullbar, marked it so that it looked more like the modern bullbars (tapered the ends of the bumper), and took it to a aluminium fabrication business here to cut and shape the ends.
Originally there was an alloy tube that ran underneath the bumper to protect the original winch. I had this removed and the winch holes welded up.

Since then somebody in a car park decided it needed a 'towball' modification (therefore the puncture wound near the number plate!).

Thanks for all the compliments....it's still a work in progress, but it's getting there. The truck is actually a Florida truck. Orlando was where the two recalls were serviced at. Found it in the auto trader as a trade-in at a dealer about an hour north of Chicago. Had a cracked intake when I got it, but I eventually tore it down and rebuilt the top end and slapped some good manifolds on and it runs like a champ now. It's really not as clean as it looks...pretty good camera trick, eh? There is some bubbling around the rear wheel wells and a couple rust spots starting on the bottom of the doors. Also some moron tagged the right rear about a month ago and the P.O. backed into some kind of loading dock and dented up the back a bit. But, it's got a little character now.

Swank -- Take a road trip up here and we'll have a beer and turn a few wrenches. Don't sweat the a/c (no pun intended) - You'll get it worked out and you'll be a happy 60 guy again. :)

Nice Rob, very nice.

Your's is as clean in blue as mine is in red (especially now that I have full gutter trim :cheers: ).

As soon as I am done polishing it to get the paint to match fully with what was just repaired....I'll have to throw some pics up.

For resizing pics (and changing file size too) try Irfan - it's a free download. Works great.

That is a sweet 60 wish mine looked like that...

....hey, that's what my fuel gauge shows all the time too!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting on the book?

Yeah, yeah, I'll remember shortly.

Nice truck, thanks for showing it, I was almost over the burning desire to buy another one. Thanks bro.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom