Just saying hey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening everyone. Just finally accomplished one of my dreams and picked up a 2000 LC100 that was originally an AZ truck. Its that gorgeous Mahogany Pearl and my goals for it are to drive it and enjoy it. It's main function is to be my daily/road trip rig, while my 5th gen 4 runner will be the trail rig, since it's already lifted, etc...

The day I bought it I drove it home and immediately put new tires on it all around including the spare tire, which was OG to the cruiser! Build date on the tire was 1/99.

Sunday I had the wild hair to flush the PS system because it smelled just a tiny bit burnt. Lessons were learned. My driveway is not level from left to right. PS hoses are a right pain to remove from the reservoir. I finally managed to get it done after an additional unnecessary trip to Lowes and lots of choice words in different languages.

I'm still working on a name for my new truck.

EF5C5BCF-6C36-4D71-9A36-4991079DA4D9_wa6HD336cfyvbNAzq1GCN3.heic

850147C6-8085-4062-AC63-EF5C8C46E52A_hGZ2SfogLoCq1iKZNFyArq.heic

There's a few things I've found that it needs. A couple things I've ordered already, like a new 3rd brake light and the drivers side outer vent.

I'll get around to creating a list of things that I plan on doing to it. One of the first things is getting it thoroughly baselined to include a timing belt job and fluid changes.

Good evening everyone. Just finally accomplished one of my dreams and picked up a 2000 LC100 that was originally an AZ truck. Its that gorgeous Mahogany Pearl and my goals for it are to drive it and enjoy it. It's main function is to be my daily/road trip rig, while my 5th gen 4 runner will be the trail rig, since it's already lifted, etc...

The day I bought it I drove it home and immediately put new tires on it all around including the spare tire, which was OG to the cruiser! Build date on the tire was 1/99.

Sunday I had the wild hair to flush the PS system because it smelled just a tiny bit burnt. Lessons were learned. My driveway is not level from left to right. PS hoses are a right pain to remove from the reservoir. I finally managed to get it done after an additional unnecessary trip to Lowes and lots of choice words in different languages.

I'm still working on a name for my new truck.

EF5C5BCF-6C36-4D71-9A36-4991079DA4D9_wa6HD336cfyvbNAzq1GCN3.heic

850147C6-8085-4062-AC63-EF5C8C46E52A_hGZ2SfogLoCq1iKZNFyArq.heic

There's a few things I've found that it needs. A couple things I've ordered already, like a new 3rd brake light and the drivers side outer vent.

I'll get around to creating a list of things that I plan on doing to it. One of the first things is getting it thoroughly baselined to include a timing belt job and fluid changes.
Welcome!

This was the first Mahogany 100 series I had ever seen. Tons of white and black. Saw one dark blue one.

Welcome to the forum. Please make sure you replace the heater "T's" if that has not been done recently. With age (20+ years) it can crumble in to pieces and may empty the coolant! these heater t's are located near the driver's side firewall next to the brake master pump.

If the radiator is still OG, it is advised to replace it as well.

Welcome to the forum. Please make sure you replace the heater "T's" if that has not been done recently. With age (20+ years) it can crumble in to pieces and may empty the coolant! these heater t's are located near the driver's side firewall next to the brake master pump.

If the radiator is still OG, it is advised to replace it as well.
Heater T's and radiator look to have been replaced semi recently (within the last few years at least).

Things that are on the "to do" list.

Baseline---full fluid changes, timing belt, etc....

It's got the typical ticking from the exhaust manifolds.

Brakes-peace of mind, plus have a little pedal throb/wobble under braking.

Work on getting the sunroof to work. You can hear the motor but it doesn't go anywhere, so hopefully the tracks and stuff are just gummed up to beat all hell. Took the truck through the car wash last night and the drivers side top left of the windshield dripped on me. Hoping its just a clogged drain before I go down that rabbit hole.

Rear Wiper squirter.

Replacing the little worn out things that are broken like the 2nd row cup holders.

Probably going to remove the peeling/cracking/fading faux wood grain from the center cluster and the switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom