just replaced my short add-a-leafs! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lovetoski

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a 3" MAF lift, and when fully loaded the rear squats too much. So I installed the short add-a-leafs. No more full load issues. Ride sucked though. Found out that OME makes a long add-a-leaf (thanks David Dearborn for the tip!) Just finished removing the shorties and installing the OME's...huge improvement. Ride is much better. Will have to see how it loads up, but I'm sure it's better than with the original springpack.

Anybody want some short add-a-leafs?

Cruisin'Carolina said:
No thanks, but I'd like to see a pic of your rig.

Can you tell us how hard it was?

My digi cam is at work, so I'll post a pic next week.

Re the difficulty...I'd say 2 banana. The original spring pack had 8 leafs. The OME leaf fit (counting from the top) under the #2 leaf. That is, the OME leaf bacame the #3 leaf. I chose not to remove the springs, but just remove leafs. This worked fine. Reinstalling wasn't hard, as I used my jack, and clamps to sqeeze the leafs back into place. In installed a few leafs at a time, using clamps to hold them in place while I installed the next few.

I jacked up the truck then putting a jack stand under the frame, just in front of the fixed end of the rear spring. I then put a second jackstand under the axle, taking the axle weight off of the spring. After doing this, you can remove the u-bolts, and then dissemble the springpack.

The hardest part was getting the spring pin to line up with the hole in the bottom of the axle. I have a sway bar on the rear axle, and it pulls the axle back and inside. I used a bottle jack and a woodworking clamp to move the axle back in alignment with the springpin.

Rides waaaaaay better than with the short add-a-leaf.

Wait, I think I missed a small detail. How much was the OME long add-a-leaf?

I knew MAF made one, but how much was the OME?

lovetoski,

Where did you purchase the OME long add-a-leafs? I was thinking of getting the ones from Man-a-fre but if OME's are available I would rather go with them.

Nick

The OME leafs are available from any OME dealer. I purchased them from Man-A-Fre, and they cost $59.88 ea. Part no's are 113AXL (for DS) and 113BXL (for PS).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom