Just registered, want to say hi, and maybe brag a bit about my HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I just wanted to say hi and add my first post. I bought my first landy (HJ60) in May of 2017, which coincidentally enough i found out later was posted for sale here on I h8 mud. Maybe some people like to track these vehicles. I knew I always wanted a LHD 5-speed diesel, but looking online now, it seems like these things have become unicorns. I also have a 1985 BJ60 parts truck that currently lives at a friends place, and I will have to get rid of it soon as its just collecting dust (and mice). it doesn't have an engine, and the frame and body are toast, but the 5 speed and lots of other goodies are probably still useful. Is there a lot of demand for these old parts? Anyways I just wanted to say hi, and I'm glad to be part of the community.

Good looking truck - from the 2017 ad. Did you get it shipped or drive it back to Ontario?

Lots of nice places to use that truck in the valley. Whereabouts are you? We spend a lot of time up top in the Deep River area.

It looks incredible in that ad. Unfortunately, I think it may have swam in the ocean or spent a few winters on salty roads before I got it. The rust is clear and present, but not yet dangerous. I was actually so stunned that I found exactly what I was looking for (diesel, LHD, manual, light colour, etc...) that I bought a one-way flight to Saskatoon and drove it back 3,000 km. It had 440,000 km on the clock but never missed a step. 35 years old and the a/c still blows cold.
I live in the Pembroke area, but I have a camp near Deux Rivieres that I like to visit

small landcruiser world. i live in saskatoon drive through prince albert frequently and have family all over the pembroke area! my dad grew up there! incidentally i also have three landcruisers! keep posting pics!

Let’s see a photo of your truck parked beside the abandoned ferry or the Wabis II
Aww thats super cool. I've been going up there my whole life and I never knew about the Wabis II. Looks like you have to get there from the Quebec side? Do you cross at Swisha? I thought I had some photos of the truck, but I can't seem to find them. I'll take some photos in the next few days and upload them.

small landcruiser world. i live in saskatoon drive through prince albert frequently and have family all over the pembroke area! my dad grew up there! incidentally i also have three landcruisers! keep posting pics!
Oh wow! Crazy with Pembroke being such a small town. I'll try to get the old girl out this weekend and I'll take a few pics.

Aww thats super cool. I've been going up there my whole life and I never knew about the Wabis II. Looks like you have to get there from the Quebec side? Do you cross at Swisha? I thought I had some photos of the truck, but I can't seem to find them. I'll take some photos in the next few days and upload them.
Yeah. Cross at Swisha, grab a case of beer at the general store and follow the highway toward Temiscaming. Part way along is the road that leads to the Quebec side of Deux Rivières.

I did notice some of the old ferry bridge disappeared this past summer. Maybe the Wabis is gone too?

Hey guys, took a few pics the other day. Definitely not the best as the cruiser is still in storage, but you can get the overall shape of the truck. There's definitely some rusty bits, but i think in general not too bad!

20210413_172122.jpg

20210413_171438.jpg

20210413_171419.jpg

20210413_171254.jpg

20210413_171136.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom