Just purchased an Amazon Green 2011 200 Series. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Markuson do you have a picture that shows how you attached the head unit of the yaesu to the ram mounts? Just got a yaesu 400 however I am not really sure where or how to mount it so I'm skimming through pictures and such on here. Thanks

Hete’s what I did...using the existing hole meant for yaesu’s own mount plate (just used the screw)...
1617350166777.jpeg

To be honest, I can’t remember if I just took the end off of a RAM motorcycle handlebar mount...or another ball...but just a single screw through it into the same hole the Yaesu’s included plate attaches with bia one screw.

Similar to the ball on one of tgese:
1617351281178.jpeg

I also added a small cut piece auto emblem 3M rubber tape between the ball and back to create friction anf prevent it from unscrewibg over time. Its been 100% solid.

Then you just rig up your RAM pieces as usual.

Ig you were asking about how the RAM stuff mounts...there’s snother tgread abouf ising the grab-handle bolts to add RAM mounts.

m

Hete’s what I did...using the existing hole meant for yaesu’s own mount plate (just used the screw)...
View attachment 2633182
To be honest, I can’t remember if I just took the end off of a RAM motorcycle handlebar mount...or another ball...but just a single screw through it into the same hole the Yaesu’s included plate attaches with bia one screw.

Similar to the ball on one of tgese:
View attachment 2633184

I also added a small cut piece auto emblem 3M rubber tape between the ball and back to create friction anf prevent it from unscrewibg over time. Its been 100% solid.

Then you just rig up your RAM pieces as usual.

Ig you were asking about how the RAM stuff mounts...there’s snother tgread abouf ising the grab-handle bolts to add RAM mounts.

m
Thanks Markuson! I also found this as well while scrolling through hundreds of pages haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom