Just picked up this beast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everybody I'm new and just wanted to introduce me and my new ride.
Going to do a little work to it. OME is on order. Don't know where it will lead at this point but I like the truck so far.

IMG-0214.jpg

Dayum, that is prolly a pre 84 cause chrome headlight buckets. Gorgeous! Keep us posted....

It will he is just saying do some preventive measures to keep it from rusting or slow it down

No I agree but there is literally nothing even staring to rust at this point over under inside out. That being said I don't plan on ever using this car to drive in snow mud it's a Sunday driver and will be garage kept.

Excellent looking truck. Take all the carpet out and clean/inspect for rust. Just because you don't see on body or obvious areas on frame doesn't mean it's rust free. Remove the rear trunk seal and check for rust as well and any/all body seams. Repainted? Looks rather shiny and clean for original paint. Either way, its a pretty truck, just don't assume :)

That'll draw some attention in Pennsylvania. I see it has FJ62 mirrors, a very good upgrade.

Nice find! Where did you find the new rig?

hey @FlyingPlumr , nice score! n because you've not gotten the official mud welcome, here ya go :flipoff2: welcome 'board this crazy train we call mud
don't blame you for liking it. it's a landcruiser, it'll lead you pretty much anywhere you want to go.

I decided to take a closer look at the rear end on top. I inspected it very well from underneath . This is what I found. Looks pretty good but I think this winter I’ll pull all the carpet and touch things up.

F4B173CD-BD73-4028-91F0-627BAA828E03.jpeg

5FE505DB-E57E-47C0-AD26-6B72BC1AA906.jpeg

B8BCCF58-8D0A-4C2E-9FD0-370D0D316FE5.jpeg

A087A727-C754-4CC7-B523-B54903148034.jpeg

8935F6B9-342B-43A6-B0EF-2381C4EC7057.jpeg

That'll draw some attention in Pennsylvania. I see it has FJ62 mirrors, a very good upgrade.

Steve, I noticed the mirrors right away and thought they were cool and different looking from other FJ60's I've seen but didn't realize they were from a FJ62. You're also right about getting attention in PA as there are very few around here. People are taking pictures of me driving down the road.. haha

Your mirrors are black, so they are either painted or an aftermarket FJ62 mirror. All US-model FJ62s came with chrome mirrors.

CityRacer has genuine Toyota chrome FJ62 mirrors (manual) at a semi-reasonable price. Some of the aftermarket mirrors are lightweight and cheap, and shake/vibrate while driving. So, if yours vibrate annoyingly on the highway, chances are they are not OEM Toyota. Lots of threads on mirrors, if you search.

Your mirrors are black, so they are either painted or an aftermarket FJ62 mirror. All US-model FJ62s came with chrome mirrors.

CityRacer has genuine Toyota chrome FJ62 mirrors (manual) at a semi-reasonable price. Some of the aftermarket mirrors are lightweight and cheap, and shake/vibrate while driving. So, if yours vibrate annoyingly on the highway, chances are they are not OEM Toyota. Lots of threads on mirrors, if you search.

They're rock solid. !

5F012EDA-FCFE-4555-891E-D10580250490.jpeg

ED6D9F6A-727B-46F1-957A-506176C55651.jpeg

A35F47CA-D2DE-4B3C-A280-7895C3C3227A.jpeg

Hi, Nice cruiser, def. replace suspension and seat cushions. It will make a huge difference. Mike

Hi, Nice cruiser, def. replace suspension and seat cushions. It will make a huge difference. Mike

Mike, OME was ordered but don’t know how long it will take to arrive though I’m a little worried about that . It is what it is though I’m not going with any other manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom