Just picked up an 83 Fj60 :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JaketheSSnake

SILVER Star
Threads
Picked up this 83 Fj60 today, it was too cheap to pass up! I probably should have though. I planned on doing a father son build with it, but it needs way too much work before it's safe enough to put my son in. On the plus side, it makes my Fzj80 feel like a Cadillac lol. No idea what I'm going to do with it. Body rust is really bad and the interior is kind of a mess. It has a soa conversion, but I'm pretty sure it's missing a bunch to make it right. It's also been desmogged haphazardly and I'm guessing that's why it diesels so bad. All that said, I do like it. Totally different feel than my Fzj80, very old school and I dig it :). I almost wonder if it's been re-geared because it moves pretty decently compared to my 97 and both of them are on 35s.

20170716_132512.jpg

Get it safe and reliable and let your son drive it. Stop what rust you can and don't worry about it.

That way when he has an accident its not so hard to bear....

That way when he has an accident its not so hard to bear....
I like the way you think lol. He's afraid to drive the 80 due to all the time and money I have in it. If the 60 were stock it probably wouldn't be so bad. The suspension is all rigged up and it's missing tons of stuff under the hood. That pic is definitely a MySpace angle, it looks 10x worse from any other side. Passenger door is held shut with a rope, the latch is laying on the floor and the handle is gone. It's all fixable I guess, it just depends how motivated I want to get. Definitely a good project for my son to learn since it needs a little of everything

"On the plus side, it makes my Fzj80 feel like a Cadillac lol."

It's all relative. Back in the day my new '84 FJ60 was considered a Cadillac, compared to FJ40s and FJ55s.

Cadillac was our CB handle when we were in Southern Nevada Land Cruisers, after we parked in front of the picture window at Shakey's Pizza at the first club meeting we went to. Our '84 was brand new, and there were very few members at the time with FJ60s. We walked into the meeting room (with the picture window) just about the time someone asked "Who's driving the Cadillac?"

Enjoy your new acquisition.

"On the plus side, it makes my Fzj80 feel like a Cadillac lol."

It's all relative. Back in the day my new '84 FJ60 was considered a Cadillac, compared to FJ40s and FJ55s.

Cadillac was our CB handle when we were in Southern Nevada Land Cruisers, after we parked in front of the picture window at Shakey's Pizza at the first club meeting we went to. Our '84 was brand new, and there were very few members at the time with FJ60s. We walked into the meeting room (with the picture window) just about the time someone asked "Who's driving the Cadillac?"

Enjoy your new acquisition.
Still better than a jeep! Mine has a screwy suspension including a front sway bar mount busted on 1 side so it's not really doing its job, a half assed soa conversion and at least one broken body mount with tired shocks and springs. I'm sure it'd be Way better if everything were new and in good working order :)

I wondered how it could be 5-6 quarts low. It has a piece of steel siliconed to the bottom of the oil pan. This just keeps getting worse. I should also mention that I bought this sight unseen on an auction, otherwise I probably would've passed lol

Good score

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom