Just Picked Her Up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TStro

SILVER Star
Threads
IMG_1328.jpeg

I bout my 1989 FJ62 on ebay. Everything was accurate in the description and pictures, except for the quality of the paint. She's definitely a Monet. Looks great from a distance, but up close shows its flaws. She is completely rust free on the body except for a few rock chips on the hood. The frame is rust free as well. I had a few questions.
1. What is everyone's opinion on aftermarket trim pieces vs used OEM? Especially the grill and head light buckets? I am looking at some new aftermarket pieces from Relik Garage in Miami. I would hate to buy a clean used piece and then have it bubble up in a year. Do you think the aftermarket pieces would affect value that much?
2. Do these rear mud flaps look correct?
IMG_1331.jpeg

They look as if the top curved portion as it meets the rear quarter panel doesn't match the lines of the body. Could they be from an 80 or other Toyota?
Thanks in advance for all of your help. I'm diving in without a whole lot of experience restoring a car.

Those flaps are OEM. Either the fronts or the rears came with double-sided tape (new) that glued them to the fender to fill those gaps.

OEM '60 series flaps are big bucks and rare, so hang onto those. You can repaint the white letters, per another thread here. Most 60 series rear flaps that have been removed and reinstalled fit just like yours.

Nice truck!

Those flaps are OEM. Either the fronts or the rears came with double-sided tape (new) that glued them to the fender to fill those gaps.

OEM '60 series flaps are big bucks and rare, so hang onto those. You can repaint the white letters, per another thread here. Most 60 series rear flaps that have been removed and reinstalled fit just like yours.

Nice truck!
Thanks for the info.

Time to install a transmission cooler if previous owner did not. Looks nice, welcome to the family!

Hi, Nice cruiser. Check the fuseable links by the battery,they are usually in poor shape. Check front fender side lights,they look ok but are all busted up when you unscrew them. Get aftermarket the Toyota’s don’t hold up. I also agree put on a second transmission cooler. Check roof drip channel, it usually needs to be resealed. Check ALL fluids. Mike

I have a Chinese repop grill and headlight surrounds on my truck. When they’re off you can the quality isn’t as good as oem, they’re kinda flimsy and whatnot. But on the truck they look really nice. I haven’t had any issues with bubbling and peeling but I’m in AZ where it’s really dry.

I have a Chinese repop grill and headlight surrounds on my truck. When they’re off you can the quality isn’t as good as oem, they’re kinda flimsy and whatnot. But on the truck they look really nice. I haven’t had any issues with bubbling and peeling but I’m in AZ where it’s really dry.
Where did you get them? I have found them at a few different places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom