Just ordered an OME lift kit, ext. sway bar/brake line question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After spending a month looking at the baddest Toyotas I ordered the heavy kit from Kurt. Do I need the extended sway bar links or are stock ones fine? Thanks.

Also are you guys with these kits using extended brake lines as well or are the stock ones long enough?

On the Beagle Chariot:

I did not extend my sway bar link in front. No Problems. I don't have them in back, yet.

I did not extend my brake lines. No Problems

I did not by longer shocks. No Problems

I did not buy the anti inversion shackles. No Problems

I built mine as a dedicated expedition rig and hauling Beagles.

did not do extended sway bar on front and it still handles nice...

do not have sway on rear on my 81...no issues...

I did not order the extended brake lines on the rear on mine I could have used them...ended up having to extend where the line mounted on the frame with a simple bracket and it is fine now without the extended lines...

Maybe it's just me. I have never run a sway bar on any leaf spring vehicle that I have built in the last 5 years.......so I say ditch 'em and drive with care.

Its so variable to the rig....especially with these rigs.
I HAD to do extended brake lines (went SS), and decided to extend my rear antisway bar (for towing). Kinda all depends on what you find while you're under there!

I have extended front sway bars and I noticed a difference. However it was fine before I put the extended links on, added them just made it a little nicer. I will be extending my rear links shortly but I've been driving with the stock length in the back for years...

When I did my OME kit I:
Got the extended sway bar links
Got the SS extended brake lines
Had my rear sway bar links extended

You can skip all of these things and should be fine. I noticed the brake lines were being a tiny bit stretched and they were old so I R&Rd them for insurance purposes. I figured It would be better than having a failure on the trail
The sway bars will work OK but they're designed to work best when they're level, but with the added stiffness of the new leafs you'll probably never feel the difference.

I have ome with shackle reversal so i:

got the extended brake lines
extended sway bar link for front
took off sway bar in rear (someday I will put it back on with extensions)

i needed neither on mine. same kit

Thanks guys, it'll be in on Thursday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom