Just moved to Chicago (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently moved to Chicago area from Austin, Tx. My 78FJ40 made the trip with us. Are there any Land Cruiser clubs in the area? Recommended mechanics? She needs a tune-up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Lyons
78FJ40
75FJ40 (deceased)

John,

Wecome to The Windy City. Currently there is no club in Chicago - Windy City Land Cruisers disbanded several years ago.

I've got a pretty good mechanic in Palatine that I've used for years but he's not Cruiser specific - just an honest guy that does great work. I'd be glad to pass his name along if you're interested.

Harry

I say get a couple cases of beer and some steaks and invite everyone over. It's amazing the knowledge of people that post on these boards :)

Howdy Ming/Harry. I work in Rolling Meadows for Northrop Grumman. Is the mechanic you're talking about John Link/Link Automotive? He's good.
Kenton

Ming89FJ62 said:
John,

Wecome to The Windy City. Currently there is no club in Chicago - Windy City Land Cruisers disbanded several years ago.

I've got a pretty good mechanic in Palatine that I've used for years but he's not Cruiser specific - just an honest guy that does great work. I'd be glad to pass his name along if you're interested.

Harry

got a buddy steve, who is computer illiterate. he's a great guy though and can teach you tons. i'll pm info he's in the sticks in compton now.

love the name...reminds me of art and myra lyons. they're cruiserheads in chitown.

Kenton,

The mechanic I'm referring to is just down the street from Northrop (actually in Rolling Meadows) - corner of Industrial and Hicks in the Marathon station. Ask for Mark, he's the owner and has been taken care of our 62 since, well, 1989 and the 55 for the last few years. I've got a great relationship w/ him - I supply most of the parts and he does the labor - I also provide shop manuals. Projects to date: FJ62 - MAF headers, 2" lift, limited tranny/TC work; FJ55 - R/R gas tank, replace cracked head. Best part is he's as honest as the day is long.

Harry

John,

I work for the fire department in Wilmette, over at Lake/Illinois. Feel free to drop by some time if you're in the area. If I'm working my blue 60 or silver Rodeo will be parked out back. Bring over the cruiser and stop in to shoot the chit and have a cup of coffee. ALso, if you're interested, there is a beautiful FJ55 for sale down by the 'el' station. He's asking about $7500 obo and the truck is pretty nice. Stop by and say 'hi' sometime.

Rob

Tune up for a 40; what's that like - spark plugs, cap/rotor, wires, air filter and points? Heck, it sounds like DIY project to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom